Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Just tried Zainos new ZCS

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-07, 04:29 AM
Stormwind
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just tried Zainos new ZCS

Used it 2 days ago, well I can say I am a little disappointed and a little pleased. First thing about it is Z CS is very easy to use, all I need to do is spray on and let it dry it just doesn't get easier than this.

Despite what Zaino raves on their web site about their ZCS it is not as good as Z-2 or Z-3 in terms of glosseyness or smoothness. I found Z-2 is still shinier and feels way smoother than ZCS, I had to do 2 coats of ZCS to make it feel smooth but it is still not as smooth as just 1 coat of Z-2.

It rained yesterday so I will probably put another coat of it by the end of this week so we'll see how durable and how smooth ZCS is after 3 coats.
Old 02-25-07, 10:55 AM
Dr.Zeus
Lead Lap

Pics for the progress??
Old 02-25-07, 12:20 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered mine on Friday. Hope to get it early next week. Did you strip off your Z2 first and start out on a fresh car? I have some scratches I need to buff out so I think I am going end up stripping off all my Zaino and starting fresh with the ZCS. I hope it works for me
Old 02-25-07, 09:15 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Originally Posted by Dr.Zeus
Pics for the progress??

I didn't get to take any pics, I did half the hood with ZCS and half with Z-2 and it's obvious the Z2 area is darker and shinier to the eyes but it's too subtle I doubt the camera will pick that up.
Old 02-25-07, 09:18 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Originally Posted by TexasGS
I just ordered mine on Friday. Hope to get it early next week. Did you strip off your Z2 first and start out on a fresh car? I have some scratches I need to buff out so I think I am going end up stripping off all my Zaino and starting fresh with the ZCS. I hope it works for me
I used dawn to wash the car before I use ZCS but that didn't completely take off the old Z-2, but as Zainos instructions you can use Z-2 as a base coat so it didn't matter as much.
Old 02-26-07, 03:50 PM
yESman
Lead Lap

I really like Clear Seal. It's pretty cool to watch it crosslink in real time: starts with a rainbow/oil effect and then clears up. It creates a look just like Z-2 Pro in my opinion-glossy wet. It's very optically clear.

Like a lot of Sal's products, it's best to apply as thin as possible.