Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

"After A (ZAINO) Z-7 Car Wash, Do I Use A Quality Chamios, Or Cannon Cotton Towel?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-01, 06:23 PM
WJSOLOMON
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question "After A (ZAINO) Z-7 Car Wash, Do I Use A Quality Chamios, Or Cannon Cotton Towel?

Hey Guys - need your sage advice. After going through the lengthy and labor intensive process of applying all of the ZAINO Car Care Products from Z-1 through Z-6, at some point in time, I'll have to expect to wash the New SC with Z-7 Show Car Wash. At that point in time, I am in a quandary as to which to use to hand drying the car............. a Chamios, or a Towel.

From my limited automotive experience, Towels have a tendency to scratch the new Z-Enhanced Finish, while a Chamois has a tendency to pull off the Wax. Even if I were to use a Cannon 100% Cotton Towel as suggested by ZAINO to remove their Finishes, wouldn't it have a tendency to scratch, or even worse, cause those nightmarish "SWIRLS", requiring yet another round of Z-5, Z-2, and Z-6................UGH!

A smooth English Sheep Skin Tanned Chamois costs 3 times as much as the best Cannon Bath Towel would, and will probably have a tendency to pull off some of the Wax product, but isn't that going to be better than having to deal with the towel mini-scratches and swirls?

Any thoughts for me on this one?

Last edited by WJSOLOMON; 11-16-01 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-16-01, 06:50 PM
RodF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been using a synthetic chamois (The Absorber), followed up with a Fieldcrest towel for the fine water. The synthetic chamois does not leave oils on the car. If the car is clean, I don't see how wiping it with a towel would leave scratches any more than it would scratch it while wiping off the Zaino.
Old 11-16-01, 06:59 PM
WJSOLOMON
Pole Position

Originally posted by RodF
I have been using a synthetic chamois (The Absorber), followed up with a Fieldcrest towel for the fine water. The synthetic chamois does not leave oils on the car. If the car is clean, I don't see how wiping it with a towel would leave scratches any more than it would scratch it while wiping off the Zaino.
Very Good Point!

Why didn't I think of that?

Old 11-17-01, 05:12 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been using the California Water Blade for over a year now and then using a synthetic chamois to wipe the excess water away.. Works great and cuts drying time in half.. Just follow the instructions for the Blade and you will wonder how you ever dried a car without it.. Another hint if possible always wash and dry your car in the shade..

Another **** tip as my wife calls it i'll use Z6 - Gloss enhancer spray once a month or if I feel extra **** twice a month..
Old 11-17-01, 05:41 PM
WJSOLOMON
Pole Position

Originally posted by 2SAVVY
I've been using the California Water Blade for over a year now and then using a synthetic chamois to wipe the excess water away.. Works great and cuts drying time in half.. Just follow the instructions for the Blade and you will wonder how you ever dried a car without it.. Another hint if possible always wash and dry your car in the shade..

Another **** tip as my wife calls it i'll use Z6 - Gloss enhancer spray once a month or if I feel extra **** twice a month..
I'm IMPRESSED to learn that other "Show Room Finish Zealots" like me feel comfortable enough to use a Flat Surface Item as the California Blade / Synthetic Chamois / and Cotton Bath Towel on their Finish, without fear of those "Blair Witch Scare Swirls". This Box of fresh Zaino Products that just arrived today, 14 days prior to my new SC, must be pretty darn tough to stand up to all of those kind of materials.

Can't wait for the first "Wash 'n Wax 'n Wash" cycle!

Old 11-18-01, 12:17 AM
RodF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Solo -

I got hooked on the synthetic chamois after reading about it in a Corvette forum, where a lot of Zaino-addicts swore by it. It has worked fine for me, but then again, my car is silver. However, it may be that a black finish needs even more TLC.
Old 11-18-01, 06:29 AM
WJSOLOMON
Pole Position

Originally posted by RodF
Solo -

I got hooked on the synthetic chamois after reading about it in a Corvette forum, where a lot of Zaino-addicts swore by it. It has worked fine for me, but then again, my car is silver. However, it may be that a black finish needs even more TLC.
I can almost hear mine whisper........"Be Gentle to me Big Guy!"

Black is beautiful, but kind of High Maintenance. On a SC, would seem to go with the territory.

I'm signing off and tooling over to GRIOT'S GARAGE, and ordering their Tanned English Sheep Skin Chamois Kit that comes with a bottle of it's own cleaner.

Hey - if it doesn't work out well for the New Car, I can always have it Dried, Stretched, and Framed, and hang it on the wall of my den, and let my friends think that I got an additional Degree fom some college in West Virginia!

:eek: