Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Anyone heard about "World's best Wax"

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-07, 01:57 PM
jfelbab

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusnutt
Your friend was right about some waxes causing paint damage. I used Meguires Gold Class on my F-150 and after about a year, I noticed the clearcoat was compromised with little spider webs. I didn't think it was the was until I got a 95 LS400 with perfect paint. I used the same wax and after 2 months, it did the same thing! I then read somewhere that some waxes do not let the paint breathe. Threw it away and used Zaino on my 2000 LS and never looked back. It's initially a lot of work but the finish stays smooth and shiny for 4 months. Worth every penny.
OEM paint from a factory is cured and does not need to "breathe." I'd suggest to you that spiderwebs are not caused by a wax but by deficiencies in technique and/or applicators. Whether washing, drying, polishing or waxing, you must use the proper materials and techniques to keep spiderwebbing at bay.

For example, don't use automatic car washes. Wash you car yourself or at the very least use touchless Laser washes. When you wash your vehicle use the two bucket method with grit guards installed in the buckets. Always wash and wax your car in the shade when the paint is cool to the touch. Use a new sheepskin wash mitt and wash this mitt after every use. Replace this mitt regularly. Dry your vehicle using a quality waffle-weave microfiber towel. Wash these microfiber towels after every use.

When applying polish or wax use new foam or microfiber covered foam applicator pads. Thoroughly wash them after each use.

Removing polish or wax should be done with new plush microfiber towels. Again, wash them after every use.

While this may seem like a lot of work, it is much easier to keep spiderwebs from marring your finish than to remove them.
Old 03-02-07, 10:25 AM
Stormwind
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasGS
Check out the new Zaino Z-CS http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...duct_Code=Z-CS
I just got mine the other day and plan on putting it on this weekend. I had used various polishes, waxes, etc over the years and when I tried out the Zaino products this past spring I was sold. The installation is not that tuff. You still have to wash, clay, polish like you would before applying any kind of wax. But instead of the wax you apply the Zaino which can be as basic as spray Z6 and then apply the Z2 w/ZFX. It goes on way easy and the results are better than any wax I had used in the past. The biggest benefit for me was the long lasting finish. I would simply spray and wipe with Z8 every once in a while to deepen the shine. This new Z-CS looks like a no brainer to apply. Just wipe it on and walk away. I am going to re-polish my entire car to get rid of any small scratches I have right now and then go with the Z-CS. Seems like a really easy way to get that great Zaino protection and shine.
I have Zainos zcs as well, it is really that easy to use! Just wipe on and let it dry. But don't believe too much about what they say zcs being smoother and shinier than z-2, z-2 feels way smoother. Shinier is subjective but z-2 gives off a deeper shine for me on my black car. I have already thrown out my bottle z-2 anyways because of how easy zcs is to use.
Old 03-02-07, 01:35 PM
b737dog
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New to the forum. I sold my Porsche 928GT and bought an IS350. Entered the 928 in some concours events. Autopia.org is an excellent place for info. on detailing. My favorite waxes are pinnacle souveran for red/black cars, pinnacle signature series II and P21S, also sold as S100 at Harley Davidson stores. Prep is most important and both Pinnacle and P21 have great polishes.
Old 03-08-07, 09:10 PM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Listen to Jim the man knows about detailing cars. I used to pay this guy to detail me and my wifes car both black. I got on this forum and read jfelbab posts what product he uses and how he applies the product my car stays shiny just using Mequiars Tech wax and Gold class car wash soap.
Zaino is a good product but It's hard to catch the guy who sells it in Charlotte. Putting the Tech wax on is so easy I put it on my car 2-3 times a month that's how easy it is to put on.
Old 03-08-07, 10:45 PM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You guys might laugh at me. I just started getting the wax option at my local car wash. It covers the entire SUV with no elbow grease. And it shines just as well as my Zymol and Black Magic. Sure it only lasts about two weeks, but it's so easy, even a caveman can do it. No risk of scratching or hazing, either.

Now that's what I call the World's Best Wax.