Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Anyone heard about "World's best Wax"

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-07, 08:36 PM
cheungtheg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone heard about "World's best Wax"

I bought this from Toronto Auto show last week. Does any one has any experience about their products. Friend of mine warned me that some wax can actually damage the paint. He suggested me to use Zaino.
Old 02-27-07, 11:35 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

check out the detailing section of the forum

plenty of info on Zaino there
yes, Zaino is loved by many
but calling it the "World's best wax" is a bit of a stretch
different detailing products are designed with different purposes in mind

some are for protection, some are for show shine
it all depends on what you are looking for
Old 02-28-07, 08:55 AM
narfy
Lead Lap

wax can only damage paint if it's not applied according to the manufacturer's instructions... and it's usually not the wax that damages cars.. it's the abrasive polishers... wax alone is just carnuba wax...

when i had my MR2, i'd use mothers pure carnuba wax on that car... absolutely no abrasives... and i'd apply it with very soft terry towels...

zaino is a great product... but it's over priced in my opinion...
Old 02-28-07, 10:36 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

yeah IMHO, its overpriced as well

for best results, i wouldnt mind paying a high price for Menzerna FMJ for the protection

right now im using the longest lasting carnauba wax available to protect my car in this vancouver rainy climate: Collinite 476S
Old 02-28-07, 10:37 AM
legomaniac
Pole Position

the other thing to consider is making sure your pads are clean and also your paint is properly prepped before applying otherwise you run the risk of rubbing dirt, etc into your paint damaging it more than protecting it... careful claybar will help with that...
Old 02-28-07, 10:55 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

As a long-time Zymol user, I can tell you that the company who sells this "World's Best Wax" to you used to carry Zymol products. A few years ago, they created this wax in order to compete with some of the Zymol waxes.

I haven't used this World Best Wax but from the smell of it and the containers they use, I have no confidence that this would outperform the middle-range Zymol product line.

I was in Toronto auto show and the sales person tried to sell me this product. When I told him that I am using Zymol Vintage sampler kit, they were mis-telling the carnauba percentage of Zymol Carbon wax to be around 20%, which is not true. The Zymol Carbon should contain around 37% carnauba by volume. Not to mention the higher carnauba content of Zymol estate waxes such as Vintage. Then they say their product has more carnauba than the Zymol Carbon. So you figure how honest they are..

With regards to harming the paint, I don't think the World's Best Wax would harm the finish with proper application, given there is no other harmful ingredients.

Zaino is a sealant and it may last longer than Carnauba. I haven't used it myself but that's what I've heard from the detailing forums. It depends on what you are looking for, maximum durability with shine or maximum depth with compromised durability.

Hope it helps.
Old 02-28-07, 11:59 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UberNoob
right now im using the longest lasting carnauba wax available to protect my car in this vancouver rainy climate: Collinite 476S
Oob: Is Collinite obtainable somewhere around the lower mainland or did you have to order it online? I'd really like to try it myself. I've heard it is a PITA to buff off without a machine...true?

Last edited by Lexucan; 02-28-07 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-28-07, 12:41 PM
narfy
Lead Lap

i use toyota paint sealant... i should really buy a clay bar kit and claybar my car...
Old 02-28-07, 01:19 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lexucan
Oob: Is Collinite obtainable somewhere around the lower mainland or did you have to order it online? I'd really like to try it myself. I've heard it is a PITA to buff off without a machine...true?
yeah it is a bit hard to obtain
there is a place in ontario or montreal that sells it

i got mine from ebay as it was easier to look it up there

it isnt easy buffing the wax off without a machine or even a simple random orbit buffer
because it is a hard paste and i always wash my car indoors, its hard to get the temperature high enough to let it buff easier
if you use warm water to wash ur car, and the body panels are a bit warm, it will be easier
still, it is recommended not to wax under the sun

this is the guy that i bought the wax from
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Collinite-476S-Su...QQcmdZViewItem
but his listing now says shipping within US only
u could msg him and ask him if he could make an exception

nice ebayer, good service

nowadays i use Meguiar's 3 step system but use collinite 476S instead of Meguiair wax

476S has lasted like 7 months for me so far even with winter salt on the road and such

Last edited by UberNoob; 02-28-07 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-28-07, 01:56 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Thanks for the info, Oob.
I'll check out the ebay guy.
Yeah, I have to park outdoors all the time so I'm looking for a really durable wax. Collinite seems to be right up there as far as lasting a long time.
Say, you really don't drive your car much do you....your odometer reading hasn't changed in like months! (j/k)
Old 02-28-07, 02:04 PM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Your friend was right about some waxes causing paint damage. I used Meguires Gold Class on my F-150 and after about a year, I noticed the clearcoat was compromised with little spider webs. I didn't think it was the was until I got a 95 LS400 with perfect paint. I used the same wax and after 2 months, it did the same thing! I then read somewhere that some waxes do not let the paint breathe. Threw it away and used Zaino on my 2000 LS and never looked back. It's initially a lot of work but the finish stays smooth and shiny for 4 months. Worth every penny.
Old 02-28-07, 02:14 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

NOTE TO SELF: throw out that Meguiar's Gold Class!
Old 02-28-07, 07:18 PM
Dr.Zeus
Lead Lap

If you really don't know how to use Zaino I would really suggest that you take time to know how each product works. Many people try to start of high (with zaino products) and just end up screwing up. Start off with some meguiars and work your way up the totem pole
Old 02-28-07, 11:56 PM
CHRISIS
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by lexusnutt
Your friend was right about some waxes causing paint damage. I used Meguires Gold Class on my F-150 and after about a year, I noticed the clearcoat was compromised with little spider webs. I didn't think it was the was until I got a 95 LS400 with perfect paint. I used the same wax and after 2 months, it did the same thing! I then read somewhere that some waxes do not let the paint breathe. Threw it away and used Zaino on my 2000 LS and never looked back. It's initially a lot of work but the finish stays smooth and shiny for 4 months. Worth every penny.
Are you sure you were applying Gold class properly and with a clean applicator? Meguiars gold class is a good wax to use and should not damage your paint if applied properly, and the same with other quality waxes
Old 03-01-07, 07:32 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Zeus
If you really don't know how to use Zaino I would really suggest that you take time to know how each product works. Many people try to start of high (with zaino products) and just end up screwing up. Start off with some meguiars and work your way up the totem pole
Check out the new Zaino Z-CS http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...duct_Code=Z-CS
I just got mine the other day and plan on putting it on this weekend. I had used various polishes, waxes, etc over the years and when I tried out the Zaino products this past spring I was sold. The installation is not that tuff. You still have to wash, clay, polish like you would before applying any kind of wax. But instead of the wax you apply the Zaino which can be as basic as spray Z6 and then apply the Z2 w/ZFX. It goes on way easy and the results are better than any wax I had used in the past. The biggest benefit for me was the long lasting finish. I would simply spray and wipe with Z8 every once in a while to deepen the shine. This new Z-CS looks like a no brainer to apply. Just wipe it on and walk away. I am going to re-polish my entire car to get rid of any small scratches I have right now and then go with the Z-CS. Seems like a really easy way to get that great Zaino protection and shine.

Quick Reply: Anyone heard about "World's best Wax"