Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Hard Water Spots on Glass? Mother's Power Ball and Chrome Cleaner to the rescue

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-07 | 11:43 AM
VicFerrari
Driver

Default Hard Water Spots on Glass? Mother's Power Ball and Chrome Cleaner to the rescue

ok so after finally getting out our old power drill, cause the batteries on our Black & Decker work for like 2 min. and having the mothers power ball for about 2 months. i was able to clean my rims with the mother's ball after washing my car. and looking at the 15 years of water spots that have built up on my windows, most on the sunroof, and now more noticable after i got 5% tint. i remembered that i had heard that chrome cleaner and the power ball work great on glass. so i did a test on a small part of the back window. and clean and smooth. so i began the work in the whole car and all i have to say is Wawaweewa! . i got about 99% of the spots off and the glass has a waxed feel to it.

Just wanted to share

Last edited by DaveGS4; 03-13-07 at 02:55 PM. Reason: reset date time stamp
Old 03-13-07 | 03:12 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug
CL Folding 100000

Originally Posted by VicFerrari
ok so after finally getting out our old power drill, cause the batteries on our Black & Decker work for like 2 min. and having the mothers power ball for about 2 months. i was able to clean my rims with the mother's ball after washing my car. and looking at the 15 years of water spots that have built up on my windows, most on the sunroof, and now more noticable after i got 5% tint. i remembered that i had heard that chrome cleaner and the power ball work great on glass. so i did a test on a small part of the back window. and clean and smooth. so i began the work in the whole car and all i have to say is Wawaweewa! . i got about 99% of the spots off and the glass has a waxed feel to it.

Just wanted to share
vinegar+water and a sponge has a similar effect

good to know though
Old 03-16-07 | 01:03 AM
jasonm
Lead Lap

You should just clay bar the whole car and the windows too. Never dull works well also.