Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Optimum No Rinse (holy crap this stuff really works)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-07, 09:49 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I use simple green for wheels. never tried that stuff on the wheels
Old 04-08-07, 01:18 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by combfilter
I use simple green for wheels. never tried that stuff on the wheels
did you hose the car off the dust first then wash or just wash it "dry"?

about the wheels, the other day I came across with this one:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275110

it works pretty good with the wheels as they said they have a coat of wax and the dust comes out easier.....

The gal who sold me that also cleaned 2 super hard to remove bird poop(s) on my hood (thank god nothing happened to my hood). She did that for the courtesy but scared the **** out of me......the spray can stated that it can work on all body parts w/o any harmful effects to the paint. I guess I'll use that for the wheels......

Last edited by kickin8; 04-08-07 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-13-07, 12:06 AM
joonsta
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah. This stuff works.

Not the best picture to show the reflections, but you can see a pretty good reflection of the floor on the door .

My neighbors now say they will pay me to wash their car (my future career ? ) .

Those of you in SoCal, call Patrick at Excel Detail, and he'll hook you up .
Old 04-13-07, 12:30 AM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow nice i definately need to order
Old 04-14-07, 04:33 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Originally Posted by joonsta

Yeah. This stuff works.

Not the best picture to show the reflections, but you can see a pretty good reflection of the floor on the door .

My neighbors now say they will pay me to wash their car (my future career ? ) .

Those of you in SoCal, call Patrick at Excel Detail, and he'll hook you up .
wow. looks good! seems like it gave the car a little more "depthness"

I am seriously thinking of getting the gallon size since everyone in here recommends it.......
Old 04-20-07, 07:22 PM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default finally did it

Bought a bottle of the Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine as well as the spray wax. Here's a s picture of the results. What you see is Firstlps' Matador Red GS350 in the reflection!

Wash process was a bit disconcerting since the water kept getting dirtier, however, the car kept getting cleaner

Not sure I could visually see a great difference before and after the Optimum wax was applied, but I could feel the difference on the surface of the paint. Entire process took me about 1.5 hrs (had to clean my wheels, interior, etc as well).
Attached Thumbnails Optimum No Rinse (holy crap this stuff really works)-p4158943.jpg  
Old 04-21-07, 01:28 AM
ILOVEGIRLS
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

wow. im begining to believe in this stuff.
Old 04-21-07, 03:49 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Originally Posted by EXP_Cougar
Bought a bottle of the Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine as well as the spray wax. Here's a s picture of the results. What you see is Firstlps' Matador Red GS350 in the reflection!

Wash process was a bit disconcerting since the water kept getting dirtier, however, the car kept getting cleaner

Not sure I could visually see a great difference before and after the Optimum wax was applied, but I could feel the difference on the surface of the paint. Entire process took me about 1.5 hrs (had to clean my wheels, interior, etc as well).

looks new!

thanks for the info. I placed the order monday....cant wait to see my car look as good like that !
Old 04-21-07, 08:31 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

yea I told you guys. I was a non-believer for a long time, then my buddy who owns a detail shop said this is all he uses now. It's so weird that you just use the two cap fulls and then wipe on and dry off. You feel like "how the hell is this stuff removing the dirt and how am i not getting dirt back on my car?" but it works somehow.

Looks good everyone. Nice wet look on that white 350
Old 04-23-07, 09:13 AM
no2faber
Lead Lap

i just got the monthly newsletter from http://autogeek.net and they're now selling a whole line of "waterless washes," including Optimum No Rinse, which is $12.99 instead of $15 on their site during their sales event. they're also carrying no rinse stuff from poor boy's, P21S, and DP. I'm happy w/ my Optimum, but i'm very curious how well these other waterless washes work.

Let us know if you try them.
Old 04-23-07, 12:52 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Just ordered my bottle
Old 05-01-07, 01:38 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

finally got the bottle this week and got some time to was my gf's dark gray accord.....

the car wash worked like advertised. kept the dirt and the car is very clean. shiny, shiny and shiny!

also used the wax as well, couldnt tell if it works or not cos' it's too "watery"?
maybe the carwash works too well (shiny), so after the wex i couldn't tell any difference at all........

and yes, I would definitely recommend the wash! save water and TIME!
Old 05-01-07, 05:23 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

It WORKS!!!!!! I'm a believer now hehe
I put one cap of optimum no rinse into a 1 gal container of water with a microfiber wash mitt. I got skeptical at first since it didn't sud up or anything...just looks clear, but after applying on one section, the dirt just beaded up on the paint and got stuck to the microfiber wash mit My car is white, and after the wipe off with another towel, it was spotless! After going through the entire car, the towels i used to dry the car (I only used 3!!!) was still WHITE...no dirt to scratch the car with
The glass...wow, it came out spotless, and streak-less. I used this to wash the wheels also, and came out very clean.
I used 1 capful for 1 gal of water to wash TWO cars.
This was the best 18 bucks I've spent on my car ..Maybe i could use this instead of taking showers lol
BTW, it took me 20 min/car
Old 05-01-07, 08:00 PM
nighthawk
Pole Position

I just bit the bullet and bought some wash and wax....total was 31.98...I'll update after I try it out. Trust me, I am the most skepticlal person ever...
Old 05-01-07, 09:19 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

hahah guys I am telling you. I was soo skeptical myself because i am super **** about my car's paint. After reading , over and over and over on autotopia from very very good detailers i was like "chit, i got to try this stuff" it's awesome.

tuan: it tripped me out at first also that it doesn't suds up. I was like "i am doing this wrong or something"

Quick Reply: Optimum No Rinse (holy crap this stuff really works)