Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Optimum No Rinse (holy crap this stuff really works)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-07, 03:11 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Optimum No Rinse (holy crap this stuff really works)

ok so i have been readings and reading on autopia about this optimum no rinse stuff. I have seen way way way too many post from people who knwo what is up about detailing. They all swear by this stuff. So I got some. You guys have no idea how good it works ( i am sure some of you do ). I was such a non-believer till I tried this stuff. 2 caps and 2 gallons of water. Wipe on, and wipe off. That's it. no rinse or anything and it freaking looked like i just waxed it.

Just try it. You will be blown away.

http://www.optimumcarcare.com/norinse.html
Old 03-20-07, 04:08 PM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the info.

With more and more people under city water restrictions, and apartment renters being water deprived, it's nice to know there are such products out there that fill a real need and excel in doing so.

That's something I'd like to have when I'm on a cross country trip.

It does go against the grain of what we're accustomed to doing, and I always worry about swirls with such products & processes, but enough people seem to trust it that I'll have to check it out.
Old 03-20-07, 08:04 PM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

So it sounds like this wash product contains some sort of polish/wax product as well?
Old 03-20-07, 08:08 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

No it doesn't have any wax or polish. I still don't understand how it works, but I promise its worth the 15.00.

Guitar it's great for water restrictions or winter cleans. I am so SOLD on this stuff, I am giving my meguires car wash to my neighbor.

Here's where I read about it. This guy did all these cars with this stuff and is a really respected detailer.

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/...?highlight=onr

Last edited by combfilter; 03-20-07 at 08:23 PM. Reason: cuz
Old 03-20-07, 09:23 PM
Dr.Zeus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ima get a bottle thanks bro
Old 03-20-07, 11:17 PM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ONR is some good stuff. Mix it per the instructions for a QD and keep it in your trunk.
Old 03-20-07, 11:24 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

scottwax :bowdown:
Old 03-20-07, 11:55 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait, seriously? You can just take a towel and wipe any dust or anything off? This stuff must be really strong to be able to get anything off in a wipe or two? Also, won't rubbing whatever you get caught in the microfiber towel after wiping against the paint scratch the finish?
Old 03-21-07, 07:07 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I tried the Optimum No Rinse last year and I am so sold on it and the entire product line. You should really consider the Optimum Car Wax. If you use the Optimum No Rinse and then spray the Otimum Car Wax on before you dry the Optimum No Rinse you can wash and wax your car in less than 30 minutes. I also love their polishes because they do not dust. However, when using the polishes be aware that a little goes a long way and they must be worked into the paint longer than other polishes before they break down.
Old 03-21-07, 07:24 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Wow didn't know their wax was any good. I typically use Klasse Wax from germany, but i'll give the big O a shot on theirs.

Thanks,

Knihc2008: I was concerned with the same issue, but reading on autopia, those detailers say it's not a problem.
Old 03-27-07, 02:04 PM
no2faber
Lead Lap

i ordered the no rinse and the tire clean (just to qualify for the free shipping). I can't wait to try this out. if it works out it'll be perfect b/c i live in an apt complex w/ no access to a hose.
Old 03-27-07, 05:31 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I am going to be living in an apartment on the east coast and this would be perfect, I wish I had it last summer/fall when I was living in a apartment without a hose. I used to wait for it to be raining out and then run out and wash it and let the rain wash the car shampoo away. Or I filled a bucket and a bunch of water bottles up with water and then just tried to use them to wash it off. It did not work that well and I never got a good wash out of it. Going to a self car wash was such a pain and not worth it.

The thing I am concerned about is getting a bunch of swirl marks and light scratches from dirt/pollen on the finish being wiped in while washing with this stuff instead of most of the dirt getting hosed off by the hose before you start washing.

Last edited by UDel; 04-02-07 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-02-07, 10:17 AM
no2faber
Lead Lap

Default Happy Customer!

sorry i don't have pics, but i tried it yesterday and i am completely satisfied. it was really weird b/c I felt like I was washing my car with regular water- no suds! It cleaned off the dirt very, very well.

I tried it on my Mazda and my friend's civic and we ended up washing the cars twice over, each with two buckets. Still, I used way less water with the No Rinse than trying to effectively wash my car with only a bucket and regular car wash shampoo. I'm seriously thinking about re-washing the SC even though i brought it to a hand wash place last week. The one coat of NXT on the Mazda seems to be on par with the Klasse AIO and NXT i put on the SC.
Old 04-02-07, 11:09 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

how thick is this stuff?I might want to try it now.
Old 04-02-07, 07:47 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

not thick at all. It's basically like water, and like he said it doesn't even suds up. It's a trip. wipe it on and then wipe it off. that's it.

Quick Reply: Optimum No Rinse (holy crap this stuff really works)