Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

damage to lexus

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-07 | 03:42 PM
Tipler
Pit Crew

Default damage to lexus

here I am again.. now I need some advice .. after the horrible storm in New Mexico during my travel back from Az I have some damage to my GX470 Lexus. being windshield , chipped paint , both lights are all pitted ..
pitted paint front bumper .grill has pitts .both fenders have some little chips .. windshield is pitted .. glad I didn'thave some major damage ..
so my question is ..
the auto body shop wants to paint the hood , touch up the chip on the roof , replace headlights, replace grill ,

here's the question they want to blend the paint on the side fenders tellingme the paint will match perfect ..
is that going to do the trick ?
would you have it done or leave it alone.. my insurance says it's all covered .

would you have it all done or leave some of it alone ?
TIA
Old 04-04-07 | 05:37 PM
Guitarman

If it gives you heartache to live with the vehicle the way it is, it's not a bad gamble at all.

OTOH, If you think you'd be happy just doing touch ups, and having matching original paint, and you think you'd feel worse if they blended it poorly (it can happen if they're not good), then stand pat.

Me, I always gamble with new paint vs old battered up paint and touch ups.

I've won a few of those gambles, lost a few.

Take a look at some of the cars they've painted before you decide. Best of luck!
Old 04-05-07 | 04:46 AM
Tipler
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Guitarman
If it gives you heartache to live with the vehicle the way it is, it's not a bad gamble at all.

OTOH, If you think you'd be happy just doing touch ups, and having matching original paint, and you think you'd feel worse if they blended it poorly (it can happen if they're not good), then stand pat.

Me, I always gamble with new paint vs old battered up paint and touch ups.

I've won a few of those gambles, lost a few.

Take a look at some of the cars they've painted before you decide. Best of luck!
I'm very picky with my Lexus .. I want it too look the best being my 4th Lexus this is the first time ever having damage to one of them.. they guarantee the job and they are Lexus Certified to do the repairs & so on..

I'll be taking a look at the paint jobs they have done on others autos.. thanks for the heads up .
Old 04-05-07 | 07:49 AM
Tipler
Pit Crew

now I'm double mad .. the auto body has called me 4 times in 2 days and again this morning.. he is being very pushing .. he wants to order parts and has called the Insurance Lady for the insurance of coverage .. so I tell him I will wait to hear from Insurance Co myself and I was told to wait by my agent for the check and Ok before anything .
so he says give me your agent number I'll call ..
No way .. I'm not having that dealer do it ..
just wonder what kind of job that would of been !!