Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Bubbles in Tint?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-07, 07:25 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Bubbles in Tint?

Let me preface by apologizing for posting this since I am almost certain there is another thread like this out there, however the search function is not working for me tonight (I get a PHP error when performing a search).

I just got my windows tinted at the dealer today and I've since discovered quite a bit of small bubbles on the various windows. Are these something that will go away after a few days or should I take it back to the dealer? (I have to take it back anyways because I discovered a 1-1.5 inch scratch/cut in the tint on the drivers side. )
Old 05-15-07, 07:32 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bubbles should go away in 2-3 days. Just scrape them flat with a edge of a credit card or ID covered in cloth...
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Of course don't row your windows down for 3 days, or atleast that's what my dad tells his customers but anyways give it a few days to let the tint settle. After that if you still see bubbles bring it back to the tinter. BTW is the bubbles like watery looking?
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Buds
Let me preface by apologizing for posting this since I am almost certain there is another thread like this out there, however the search function is not working for me tonight (I get a PHP error when performing a search).

I just got my windows tinted at the dealer today and I've since discovered quite a bit of small bubbles on the various windows. Are these something that will go away after a few days or should I take it back to the dealer? (I have to take it back anyways because I discovered a 1-1.5 inch scratch/cut in the tint on the drivers side. )
Well what you should do is wait a week or so and check and after that if you see that there are still bubbles then you should take it back. The bubbles go away after a week by sitting in the sun.
Old 05-15-07, 07:39 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks guys. I was pretty sure the bubbles would go away but I just wanted to be sure. I'll be sure to park in the sun tomorrow to help it out. I still need to get my driver side window redone (pain in the A$$) but oh well.
Old 05-15-07, 07:41 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AzNLeX250
Of course don't row your windows down for 3 days, or atleast that's what my dad tells his customers but anyways give it a few days to let the tint settle. After that if you still see bubbles bring it back to the tinter. BTW is the bubbles like watery looking?
Well I havent been able to see the tint in much daylight since I picked it up around 7 pm but from what I saw they do kinda look watery.
Old 05-15-07, 07:42 PM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Buds
Thanks guys. I was pretty sure the bubbles would go away but I just wanted to be sure. I'll be sure to park in the sun tomorrow to help it out. I still need to get my driver side window redone (pain in the A$$) but oh well.
Bubbles are normal as the tint hasn't finished curing until 3 days after applying. Mine had bubbles galore, but they went away in no time flat.
Old 05-15-07, 07:43 PM
RamshakleZ
Pole Position

I had tons of bubbles... they all magically disappeared after 3 days. Just keep your windows up!
Old 05-15-07, 08:34 PM
DevJ
Driver

i got my car in december and Sewell Lexus tinted my car. My tint was fine and then a week later it got all f'd up i was PISSED.

I told the dealership to redo my tint and they did with no problems, but when they dropped my car back off at my house my whole passenger side door panel was all f'd up and looked like they didn't even put an effort into trying to keep my car clean while tinting..

I still have bubbles in my tint

i was very disappointed with Sewell..

I took my business to Parks Place!
Old 05-15-07, 09:47 PM
OoAaronoO
Driver

i didnt have any bubble when i got mine done.. but should goo away like everyone else is saying
Old 05-15-07, 10:16 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DevJ
i got my car in december and Sewell Lexus tinted my car. My tint was fine and then a week later it got all f'd up i was PISSED.

I told the dealership to redo my tint and they did with no problems, but when they dropped my car back off at my house my whole passenger side door panel was all f'd up and looked like they didn't even put an effort into trying to keep my car clean while tinting..

I still have bubbles in my tint

i was very disappointed with Sewell..

I took my business to Parks Place!
I got mine done at Park Place
Old 05-22-07, 07:05 PM
inLine4
Pole Position

Park Place of Grapvine had to redo it twice...kinda disappointed getting crappy tint from a lexus dealer...