Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

NXT on pearl white

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-07, 12:18 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Default NXT on pearl white

Well its that time again to buy some wax.. Before i spend the 15-17 dollars for the NXT wax is this NXT good for the pearl white paint.. I've been using nanowax,pinnacle, shinning monkey, etc.. but really want to try the NXT..

Should i stay with a particular brand or go for the NXT...

Thanks,

TOny
Old 06-04-07, 01:16 PM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Which Pinnacle wax are you using? Depending on that answer, I'm not sure you'd notice a better look in terms of wetness and depth with the NXT, but you most likely would see more 'pop' from the pearl and would get more durability from it.

NXT is a good product to have on the shelf. I don't think you'd regret the purchase. Even if you don't love the look, you could always top it with the Pinnacle for some added depth.
Old 06-04-07, 01:27 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I'd say give it a try....I am happy with NXT!
Old 06-04-07, 01:49 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by VroomVroom
Which Pinnacle wax are you using? Depending on that answer, I'm not sure you'd notice a better look in terms of wetness and depth with the NXT, but you most likely would see more 'pop' from the pearl and would get more durability from it.

NXT is a good product to have on the shelf. I don't think you'd regret the purchase. Even if you don't love the look, you could always top it with the Pinnacle for some added depth.
I like the pinnacle wax for its pure carnuba and easy on and off application.. I bought the pinnacle kit last year and all i have left is the polish.. It really makes the paint smooth and glossy whick is nice on the pearl..

So you say pinnacle for the depth and shine I was very happy with the pinnacle so i may stick with that.. not sure..

Thanks for your help.
Old 06-04-07, 03:14 PM
twentyone
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the only problem i have with nxt is durability. other than that though, it's a good product for the price.
Old 06-04-07, 03:53 PM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

^ Interesting - I've always heard it touted for its durability. It's kind of a combo product, a la Poorboy's EX, wherein it has properties of a sealant (polymers) and a wax.

FWIW, I always use a sealant and sometimes use a wax. On crystal white or breakwater blue (my color) I'd be inclined toward the sealant only, to get the maximum pop from the finish. (However - it'd still look great, with more wetness and depth, if topped with a carnauba.) On darker colors (a la flint mica) I'd definitely follow with a wax.

In general terms, your durability comes from sealant, and your look comes from wax.
Old 06-04-07, 04:45 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I did my first NXT about a month ago (car's garaged at night). Not quite sure how "durable" it is.....from what the people here in the forum said it should last ~5 months (longer if you do the 2nd coat 24 hours later)

I hosed my car last friday and it beads up really good. water flew away after a few minutes of freeway driving......I'm pretty happy with the results considering the minimum work that I've done! (wash and wax only)
Old 06-04-07, 05:55 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have perl white paint too
Pinnacle wax (the $40 one) Sourveran I think should provide more wetness and depth to the paint as well as the slick just waxed touch. I found that NXT lacked the smooth feel and was not as wet looking as a coat of good caranuba wax.
Old 06-04-07, 08:03 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by tuan92129
Pinnacle wax (the $40 one) Sourveran I think should provide more wetness and depth to the paint as well as the slick just waxed touch. I found that NXT lacked the smooth feel and was not as wet looking as a coat of good caranuba wax.

I think thats the one had had before with the Sourveran kit i bought. It was 70.00 or something.. I really liked the quality of the wax..
Old 06-04-07, 10:29 PM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

Souveran is THE stuff! But, it's not durable. In any case, it's complete apples vs oranges to try to compare it to NXT.
Old 06-04-07, 10:46 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by tuan92129
If you can get me souveran for $40, i'll buy them in bulk

Cheaper you can get them now is about $70
Old 06-04-07, 10:48 PM
GSteg
Rookie

I have NXT. Its not as 'durable', but it does work well when you first apply it. I really like it, but I didn't like the fact that it had cleaning abilities. For me, NXT lasted maybe a month. But the fact that it was easy to apply and buff is one of the reason why I still use it on other cars in the family.
Old 06-04-07, 11:01 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Tony, if you want to try something new, I recommend DP Max Wax. I believe the creator of DP use to work on Pinnacle and some other brand I forgot.

But I'd say the DP Max Wax is 90% of what the Pinnacle Souveran is, at a fraction of the cost. The regular price is $30 per 8oz jar, but right now they are having a sales. (2) jars for $35. I'm thinking of buying 2 more jars because I was so pleased with the results. It's pure carnauba wax and it's easy to apply/buff. Would I take this over NXT? Any day of the week!

http://www.autogeek.net/2-dp-max-wax.html

It does wonder on a black car. i haven't seen it on a white car, but I'm sure it's at least better than NXT in most aspects. If you're willing to try the DP max wax, go for it. If it turns out that you do not like it one bit, I will buy it both jars from you so you have little to lose.

If you have an Autopia.org account, take a look at this thread. Granted this person used Souveran on top of DP wax, there is some DP on the car nonetheless. I posted my pictures on page 3 for comparison (pardon me for having OEM 16s back then) :

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/...xus-gs430.html

As you can see, I have similar results as the guy who topped off with sourveran. Well worth the money IMO. I'll try to find someone who has DP on a white car.
Old 06-05-07, 04:50 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by GSteg
Tony, if you want to try something new, I recommend DP Max Wax. I believe the creator of DP use to work on Pinnacle and some other brand I forgot.

But I'd say the DP Max Wax is 90% of what the Pinnacle Souveran is, at a fraction of the cost. The regular price is $30 per 8oz jar, but right now they are having a sales. (2) jars for $35. I'm thinking of buying 2 more jars because I was so pleased with the results. It's pure carnauba wax and it's easy to apply/buff. Would I take this over NXT? Any day of the week!

http://www.autogeek.net/2-dp-max-wax.html

It does wonder on a black car. i haven't seen it on a white car, but I'm sure it's at least better than NXT in most aspects. If you're willing to try the DP max wax, go for it. If it turns out that you do not like it one bit, I will buy it both jars from you so you have little to lose.

If you have an Autopia.org account, take a look at this thread. Granted this person used Souveran on top of DP wax, there is some DP on the car nonetheless. I posted my pictures on page 3 for comparison (pardon me for having OEM 16s back then) :

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/...xus-gs430.html

As you can see, I have similar results as the guy who topped off with sourveran. Well worth the money IMO. I'll try to find someone who has DP on a white car.

Thanks Henry for the info..
Old 06-06-07, 02:12 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've also heard pretty good things about DP Max Wax. Basically, DP, Wolfgang, and Pinnacle are made under one company, PBMA. DP is the Toyota Camry, Wolfgang is the Lexus ES, and Pinnacle is the LS460 of product lines. I like the Wolfgang line, esp the deep gloss sealant. Although it does not have a wax, I would look at Pinnacle Sig Series II for lighter and metallic colors or DP Max Wax. Outside the PBMA lines, I would take a look at Chemical guys 5050 or Petes 53. I love what the Petes has done to my Neptune Blue Mica and very similar results with the 5050.

I've used the NXT products when I first started detailing with the high-end stuff and they are still sitting in my closet. You can definitely see a difference between OTC and professional products like Pinnacle, Menzerna, etc.

Quick Reply: NXT on pearl white