Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

my interior is filthy!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-07 | 10:30 AM
sexysc
Driver School Candidate

Default my interior is filthy!

whats the best product to use from like autozone or pepboys to restore my leather, i have saddle and from driving with the top down its turned black lmao (well not really black but its really dark) any suggestions....
Old 06-19-07 | 08:11 AM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

The best OTC stuff I've used is Zymol, which can be found at Target. Two-step process - cleaner and conditioner. You can also use a 5:1 (or greater) solution of Woollite. I definitely recommend a conditioner after cleaning, though - preferably one with really good U/V protection. Zymol is good, but Zaino or Lexol (if you can stand the smell) are even better...just generally not available OTC. (Although Lexol can often be found at Toyota parts counters.)
Old 06-19-07 | 12:20 PM
sexysc
Driver School Candidate

I tried target i cant find it, i walked into autozone they guy says the best stuff to use is mr. leather a brown bottle i tried a spurt on my back seat i can see the difference i am do it today after work, i'll let u know how it comes out
Old 06-19-07 | 12:37 PM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

If you're looking for an OTC product I actually recommend the Lexus leather cleaner and conditioner from the dealer. If you want something specifically from Pepboys or Autozone then you can get Lexol from Pepboys.
Old 06-19-07 | 06:23 PM
yESman
Lead Lap

The Zaino Z-10 Leather in a Bottle is the best I have used outside of the spendy Leatherique. You can get it from zainostore.com or pakshak.com.
Old 06-20-07 | 05:43 AM
sexysc
Driver School Candidate

okay guys after 3 hours i have totally turned my interior inside out...i used zymol i must say the leather is gorgous, its so clean and smooth. I scrubbed it in and along the seams, the white stiching is no longer gray but bright white and the leather has that saddle bright color again.

I also used carpet cleaner to clean the carpet and teflon cleaner for the console

After 3 hours and alot of scrubbing i must say the entire interior is mint...i'll post pics at lunch

Last edited by sexysc; 06-20-07 at 06:38 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-20-07 | 07:39 AM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

Good for you! I'm anxious to see the pics. Zaino has become my go-to, and there are some other great 'boutique' brands out there too. You've got a really nice car, so - just a suggestion - it might be worth considering some of those types of products.
Old 06-20-07 | 08:01 AM
Chenzo26
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sexysc
okay guys after 3 hours i have totally turned my interior inside out...i used zymol i must say the leather is gorgous, its so clean and smooth. I scrubbed it in and along the seams, the white stiching is no longer gray but bright white and the leather has that saddle bright color again.

I also used carpet cleaner to clean the carpet and teflon cleaner for the console

After 3 hours and alot of scrubbing i must say the entire interior is mint...i'll post pics at lunch
Can't wait to see those pics. If you have before shots, post those as well. That always makes the after shots look great!