Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Can I remove my clear bra?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-07, 03:34 PM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I remove my clear bra?

I was wondering if I can remove my clear bra? I goofed when waxing with an orbital and now the edging on the bra looks really bad.

Someone said I have a big scratch on the front of my car and I said no it's just the bra. It looks that bad.

The bra (car) is old and is lifting off very slightly in some places. Prabably due to the orbital wax and then using Qtip and alcohol trying to removed the wax along the edges.

What do I do???
Old 07-11-07, 04:07 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bmgs400
I was wondering if I can remove my clear bra? I goofed when waxing with an orbital and now the edging on the bra looks really bad.

Someone said I have a big scratch on the front of my car and I said no it's just the bra. It looks that bad.

The bra (car) is old and is lifting off very slightly in some places. Prabably due to the orbital wax and then using Qtip and alcohol trying to removed the wax along the edges.
What do I do???
I had the clear bras on 3 of my cars and one really got messed up with water spots that I could not remove. I started at one corner on a warm day, let it sit in the sun for about an hour and started to pull it off slowly. It is a bear but it did come off fairly easily in one piece. You will have some glue residue on the paint but it can be easily removed with 3M adhesive remover that you can buy at any automotive paint supplier. Once I had it off I removed it from the other 2 cars and am pleased to have the junk off.
Old 07-11-07, 11:00 PM
Yakuza70
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bmgs400

What do I do???
Is your clear bra under warranty? If so, ask the installer and see if you can get a new one installed. If not, you can remove the clear bra using a hair dryer to heat up the material and pull it off. It takes a bit of pulling but it will come off. I watched my installer remove a hazed hood clear bra piece using a hair dryer (although it could have been a special heater that just looked like a hair dryer) before putting on a new one under warranty.