Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Does DuraShine or Zmax work???

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-02, 01:16 AM
ShowGSLuVv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

hey Guitarman, the information was perfect, and ur cars paint is looking outstanding, wish i could get my other cars like that but im too busy keeping my newest edition to the car club at my house clean
Old 01-03-02, 04:43 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Thanks, GuitarMan. Great info. Outstanding !!!!! shine on your ride, too.
Old 01-03-02, 06:42 AM
Erfan
Lexus Test Driver

Guitarman, That is a lengthy write up and detailed as well, thanks for the effort I will take your advice and not use Nufinish and try to find something else then. Perhaps turtle wax. But, I start getting wrist pain in my waxing hand towards the end of the waxing. So i cant do it three times, my whole hand and wrist go numb. Nice car that you have, even though it is a Ford Motorcar, I wont hold it against you Just kidding

Last edited by Erfan; 01-03-02 at 06:44 AM.
Old 01-03-02, 08:32 AM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys sure do make a feller feel welcome, I thank you. I know I will be tapping you guys for info on these cars in the very near future.
Sorry for the long-winded approach on this, it's tough to throw out 3 or 4 sentences without the explanations behind it.
Know what? I have used NuFinish on some customer's cars in the past, older neglected cars where the owners didn't want to spend a lot of $$$ on it. You know; "can't you just throw some wax on it for $65 instead of doing all the other stuff? " That kind of thing. They were happy enough. I just tell them it won't be the optimum, but it will be ok.
It's a decent product that protects long, but it just has some drawbacks. For me, a bigger issue with it is the white residue leftover ( From the abrasive clays ) . You have to basically tape off all the trim or avoid it best you can. But you get this with compounds and polishes too. It also smells of petroleum distillates, and a lot of people can't bear it, but I have sinus problems, so I don't notice much.

"Knowledge is power" but I still can't knock that wall down with my brain.
Old 01-03-02, 08:45 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

I like distillates, petroleum as well as others more suitable for human consumption.
Old 01-03-02, 09:22 AM
Erfan
Lexus Test Driver

Moortorque,

Nice to meet a fellow other than myself that likes to consume petroleum distillates, they are just so good too bad half of my brain has detoriated from the chemicals, but , oh well, we all have our loves in life