Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Hard water spot on clear bra

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-07, 10:08 PM
tmag
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard water spot on clear bra

Ok don't want to get flamed, but I did do a search and didn't get all of the aswers. So got some hard water spots, was on a road trip so I couldn't take it off the same day. I've read that white vinegar should work for the paint, but would it be okay to use on the clear bra? Thanks.
Old 08-21-07, 05:25 AM
dentpusher
Pole Position

If its 3M isopropyl alcohol will work a lot of the time. Its best to start with real warm soapy water. That will usually do it. Otherwise Plexus or a good quick detailer should get them off.
Old 08-22-07, 08:34 AM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dentpusher
If its 3M isopropyl alcohol will work a lot of the time. Its best to start with real warm soapy water. That will usually do it. Otherwise Plexus or a good quick detailer should get them off.

I had waterspots on one of my cars' clear bra and they could not be removed. I used vinegar, rubbing alcohol, Plexus and sealants as prescribed by the installer. The only solution was to remove the clear bra. While it did stop the small chips it was more trouble than it was worth.
Old 08-22-07, 08:47 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

For the most part I've found isopropyl alcohol and Plexus to be useless for cleaning the bra. YMMV.

Does anyone know if you can clay a clear bra? I've never tried it. People also swear by Autoglym glass cleaner as taking off water spots from glass (I use clay or Mr Clean magic erasers for the glass). No idea how safe they would be on a bra, but probably would be effective.
Old 08-22-07, 10:43 AM
tmag
Pole Position

Thanks all, just a bit worried about the Mr. clean magic eraser cause i know it can scratch the surface, I guess pick the best of two evils right? Do you want spots or scratches?
Old 08-22-07, 11:19 AM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

The clay should take it right off. I clayed my clear bra and waxed it, don't see any problems.