Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-07, 04:12 PM
tmag
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tuan92129
The paint is actually already cured from the factory. (its baked on)
You should be able to wax/polish your car. (well, thats what the Lexus dealer told me when i got the car)
Wax away, I waxed mine after about a month or so... and yes addicting and frustrating especially BLACK...

Better watch out it will drive you insane!! .
And yes get some mf towels remember anything the touches the black paint can possibly cause some swirls. So just make sure anything you use is clean, clean, clean. Another thing when you bring your car to the dealer for the free oil change, don't I repeat, don't let them wash your car!!!! You may want to also check out autopia.org great detaling site.

Have fun and enjoy the shine.
Old 08-31-07, 10:35 PM
PPolisher
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by omd316
Hey guys , I was wondering since I bought the car new a week or so ago (obsidian IS ) , that if its a good idea to use meguiars gold class shampoo and conditioner to wash it ? Would it affect the clear coat of the car ? And as far as meguiars quick detailer when should it be used and how often ? Is it to soon for me to use , because I really have no idea how that works , and also how do you apply the quick detailer spray to the car ?

Thanks in advance
First off congratulations on your new ride!

Great questions and I have a couple of suggestions you may want to try.

Swirls are going to happen and the best we can do is to change our procedure or techniques to keep them at a minimum.

I believe the majority of swirls are from the washing & drying process and the following link will take you to what I believe is the most informative DIY video on how to properly wash and dry your baby.

So grab a cold beverage, get relaxed as this video is 28 minutes of watching Mike Phillips - detailing guru at MOL [Meguiar’sOnLine] taking you through the process.

How to Wash Your Car (Show car style!)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...wcargarage.com

Sit back and enjoy watching somebody else that knows what they are doing washing and drying a car.

Enjoy your day,
Al