Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.
View Poll Results: Which is better Zymol or Meguiars
Zymol
56.52%
Meguiars
43.48%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Zymol Products

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-07, 07:49 PM
durtysc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zymol Products

so im dedicating sat&sun. to my car..i've always been a meguiars guy using all of their higher end products and i was wondering if, in a comparison, zymol would win in quality, shine/deepness/wetness look, protection
Old 10-10-07, 08:19 PM
davidsong
Lead Lap

zymol is more of a natural product, where as meguiar is more of a chemical product. zymol is not as good as meguiar in keeping ur car shine; after a rain meguiar still has that shine to it but zymol doesn't. u need to keep ur car clean often w/ zymol.

just my personal taste
Old 10-10-07, 10:10 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Zymol have higher end products that cost in the thousands... Meguiar's products seem entry level if you compare the two...Which products are you trying to compare? Both companies have a variety of products to choose from..

Are you comparing something like #26 versus Zymol cleaner wax..?
Old 10-11-07, 07:44 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by durtysc300
so im dedicating sat&sun. to my car..i've always been a meguiars guy using all of their higher end products and i was wondering if, in a comparison, zymol would win in quality, shine/deepness/wetness look, protection
No.

I've used both companies products over the years. Zymol has an ok cleaner wax but Meg's has 2 or 3 that are better in that category. When it comes to shine Meg's NXT, #21, #26 easily take the nod. When it comes to longer lasting protection, Megs wins hands down, IMO.

When comparing the companies product line, Megs again wins with a much broader product lineup.

That's one reason almost every winning car (22 of 24) in the prestigious 2007 Pebble Beach Concours D'Eelegance used Meguiars. These are not your typical cars or car owners. These owners can and do afford the best of the best and they choose Meg's year after year for the win.

This year's winners.
http://www.meguiars.com/events/pebblebeach.cfm
Old 10-11-07, 09:12 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by durtysc300
Zymol $$$$$

Mag $$

If you use Zymol $ products, it will come out about the same as Mag $ products.......no difference at all.
Old 10-12-07, 10:06 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think products come secondary to technique. I've learned that first hand. After using the same high-end products on half a car, my friend (alot more experience than me) used the exact same products, exact same tools (Festool, Metabo), and his results were noticably better than my half.

I believe there is a difference in products, but just a line of products in this poll is going to be very subjective.
Old 10-27-07, 02:23 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

These two lines are impossible to compare. Meguiars is an entire line of products, whereas Zymol are some cleaners and for the most part waxes. The Estate Glazes are completely different from anything Meguairs has.
Old 10-31-07, 01:18 PM
smoothLEX
Driver

Zymol is expensive and doesn't seem to last as long as Meguiars or some other products..... zymol does give it a deeper shine, but I prefer more of a wet look.
Old 10-31-07, 01:42 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Dont know which one is better as a whole, but I would soooo buy a jar of that $1,000 unlimted refill Zymol wax if I had the money to burn.
Old 11-01-07, 04:08 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

The Estate Glazes can't really be compared to anything Megauirs has. The first EG is something like $180, and they go to over $7,000; all of them will last 3 or more months and provide an entirely different look than the Meg's waxes (16 or gold class) or their sealants (obviously) as well as different cleaning ability, filling, etc. I use Meg's #16 a lot, as well as #21 to seal, and #80 for light cutting. But honestly when I am looking to make a client say "wow" I will use a Swissvax or Zymol EG, like Concorso, Councours, or Vintage. GFerg; it's actually $1,900.

http://gtaindetail.com/vintage.jpg
Old 11-01-07, 08:26 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Picus. I've been using #21 and #80 as well for cleaning and sealing/glazing, but nothing compares to the Zymol/swissvax waxes. I have Concorso and Vintage as well and the Vintage looks nothing like any wax I've ever seen. As we're heading into the rainy season, I'm looking forward to testing the durability of the Vintage as well.
Old 01-09-08, 06:47 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by tod071
I think products come secondary to technique....
I believe there is a difference in products, but just a line of products in this poll is going to be very subjective.
I totally agree with Tod071. I also think most peoples tendency to equate Cost with Quality will make this a tough poll. I think Zymbol is good but not worth what they charge for their real high end stuff. Good technique with Meguiars will give you great results.
Old 04-02-08, 12:50 PM
RacerX1166
Driver School Candidate

I've used Zymol as well as other products and I can think of a number of others that provide better results for paint, although I like the cleanser that smells like chocolate.

Check out a few of the detailing supplies websites. You will find no end to the list of good products out there.
Old 04-02-08, 02:01 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zymol Creme smells like coconut

Zymol made my gold flakes more magnified...somehow...dunno how. NXT couldn't do that for me
Old 04-03-08, 07:45 AM
RacerX1166
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by eyezack87
Zymol Creme smells like coconut
I have to admit that Zymol is definitely the most fragrant of the car care products.

The wax they sell for mirrors and plastic parts smells like pineapple and the vinyl protectant (which does a great job IMO) smells like banana.

Quick Reply: Zymol Products