Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Zainos the Greatest

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-02, 05:57 PM
mcgong
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Zainos the Greatest

Just sharing my thoughts on Zaino.

I just finished today protecting my car with Zaino. I bought Z2, Z6, Z14, ZFX, and the Clay bar. The stuff is the greatest. The Clay bar works wonders. My paint is the smoothest it has been. I have my doubts about it at first, but now I am complete convinced that the Clay Bar is one of the greatest things to remove that nasty grime off you car. The ZFX is great too...don't have to wait forever for Z2 to cure. Just wipe it on, wait about 15 min. and then wipe off. The car looks great. I bought the Z14 for my headlights, haven't really tried it though. The whole kit is pretty pricy but it is well worth it in the end. I will never use anything else again. I would suggest that everyone go get Zaino and try it for themselves. It works.

Anyone have the same experience or any other thoughts.
Old 01-12-02, 06:39 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone know where I can order Zaino products online?

I found a couple of site, but I have to fax over a form....I want to order directly...I'm too lazy for darn forms.
Old 01-12-02, 06:59 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

www.zanio-bros.com i belive...

clay bar is very awsome indeed! i used it on my car and i love it!!!

Last edited by LexusRules; 01-12-02 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-12-02, 07:00 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can order directly from www.zainobros.com. but only after i order mine!!!!!!!

Doc
Old 01-12-02, 07:23 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The claybar is the best , no doubt, i agree, the bar removes all of the oxidation and old wax, then when u apply a new coat of wax, the paint job is "silky" smooth. Zaino works the best, there products will achieve the best luster for the money!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-02, 09:41 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GS4fun
Anyone know where I can order Zaino products online?

I found a couple of site, but I have to fax over a form....I want to order directly...I'm too lazy for darn forms.
You can email them and ask them if they have a distributor near your area. That way, you don't have to pay any taxes.
Old 01-14-02, 02:29 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Zainos the Greatest

Originally posted by mcgong
Just sharing my thoughts on Zaino.

I just finished today protecting my car with Zaino. I bought Z2, Z6, Z14, ZFX, and the Clay bar. The stuff is the greatest. The Clay bar works wonders. My paint is the smoothest it has been. I have my doubts about it at first, but now I am complete convinced that the Clay Bar is one of the greatest things to remove that nasty grime off you car. The ZFX is great too...don't have to wait forever for Z2 to cure. Just wipe it on, wait about 15 min. and then wipe off. The car looks great. I bought the Z14 for my headlights, haven't really tried it though. The whole kit is pretty pricy but it is well worth it in the end. I will never use anything else again. I would suggest that everyone go get Zaino and try it for themselves. It works.

Anyone have the same experience or any other thoughts.
I see the ZFX being sold now but my supplier up here doesn't have it yet.. How do you know how much to mix with Z2 and so forth??
I love Zaino but the wait times are killer but the results are just amazing.. I am a convert from Meguiars 3 Step system.. For you guys getting Zaino make sure you get a couple of the 4" X 3" cotton applicators.. They are perfect.. Still waiting for my Z14 but I did get an email saying I should get it by the end of the week.. Did you do your headlights yet??
Old 01-14-02, 04:40 PM
jahummer
Pole Position

Yes, I am a current Meguiars 3 step user and think it is the best. Tell me why you think Zaino is better? What about it do you like and is the price justifiable?
Old 01-14-02, 05:26 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by jahummer
Yes, I am a current Meguiars 3 step user and think it is the best. Tell me why you think Zaino is better? What about it do you like and is the price justifiable?
Zaino is better because the finish (Shine and Smoothness) lasts twice as long as the Meguiars 3 step plus the anti-static properties of the Zaino finish is truely unique.. I find that in the summer time it doesn't attract hardly as much dust on the car as anything I have ever used including Meguiars.. Price wise I do admit it is a bit steep and this was my sticking point for the longest time but after finally giving in and buying this stuff I am a total convert..

If you do get Zaino by all means get that clay bar Z18 and follow all the steps that are on the Zaino website.. You truly won't regret the purchase..

Like I mentioned before my only issue with Zaino was the cure times between applications but now that ZFX is available that shouldn't matter..

Hope that helps and if you have any other questions by all means fire them back and would be happy to try to answer them!

Ken
Old 01-14-02, 06:21 PM
jahummer
Pole Position

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your feedback. I will take your word that the Zaino lasts longer. After a couple of months the silkiness goes away using Meguires (even with the use of quick detailer). The paint is in like new condition so it is always shiney. But I'm always concerned about protecting the paint and making it easier to keep clean (preventing dirt from sticking). I especially have a problem with static causing dust and dirt to stick after a day or two.

Anyhow, what is the clay bar for? The Meguires paint cleaner has always done a fantastic job of removing all visible surface contaminents for me.

BTW it takes me 2 hours per step (applying, drying, removing) with random orbital. How much time does Zaino take you?
Old 01-14-02, 06:27 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Hit this link below and it should answer your questions in regards to Zaino and how the clay bar works..

As for Zaino without ZFX it will take you a complete weekend to do it really well.. With ZFX it should take you the same amount of time as the 3-Step Meguiars..

*** Zaino Bros Link ***
Old 01-14-02, 06:40 PM
jahummer
Pole Position

Okay, thanks for the link but after reading over the site I have another question. They mention several times that one 8 oz. bottle will cover 8 cars or 8 coats, etc. How the heck do you get 1 ounce to cover the entire car
Old 01-14-02, 08:17 PM
FCobra94
Driver

Originally posted by jahummer
Okay, thanks for the link but after reading over the site I have another question. They mention several times that one 8 oz. bottle will cover 8 cars or 8 coats, etc. How the heck do you get 1 ounce to cover the entire car
I think your reffering to the detailing spray. For me it's usually less then that. Even on the Accord. On the Mustang it's one spray on the: hood, roof, right side, left side, trunk, front bumper, rear bumper, and then one spray on the towel to take to the door jambs. That stuff does go a long way. Especially the wax. Oh, just make sure you get two spray bottles of detailer as you will run out of that first and still have a lot of wax left over because most people don't like to wax the whole car after every wash but just use the detailing spray. This is so you don't have to wait for it to come in the mail or pay extra s/h charges.
Old 01-15-02, 07:45 AM
mcgong
Lexus Test Driver

I talk to the distributor over here when I got the wax, and he said that one bottle of Z2 can coat a medium size car 16 times. When I first applied, I think I used about a 1/4 or more of the bottle for 3 coats. How in the heck do you get 16 coats from one bottle. Also get the ZFX, it helps ALOT. I used it for the first two coats and the wax cures about 5 times faster. You can also Z2 on you windshield and Rims to help repel the dust and dirt. Right now I am working with Z14 to try to get the Haze off my Headlamps.
Old 01-15-02, 05:07 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by mcgong
I talk to the distributor over here when I got the wax, and he said that one bottle of Z2 can coat a medium size car 16 times. When I first applied, I think I used about a 1/4 or more of the bottle for 3 coats. How in the heck do you get 16 coats from one bottle. Also get the ZFX, it helps ALOT. I used it for the first two coats and the wax cures about 5 times faster. You can also Z2 on you windshield and Rims to help repel the dust and dirt. Right now I am working with Z14 to try to get the Haze off my Headlamps.
Anyluck with the Z14 to remove haze?

Quick Reply: Zainos the Greatest