Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Water Spots on my new Black Opal Ls600hL

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-07, 08:38 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jfelbab
If you have access to the sprinkler electronics just set the time to water around where you park for when you're not there. Even your gardner would be happy.
Actually, not possible with the water restrictions down here. You're quite limited as to the day / hours. Of course, compared to Georgia we're quite fortunate.
Old 11-15-07, 08:43 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GFerg
I know Hard Water is pretty common in Florida, but will a hard water filter work....atleast a little bit (unless you already have one)??
I did some testing on that a while back. Tried rinsing the car with the spotless DI system and just leaving it to dry. This is with the meter reading 0 TDS. Still leaves spots. Not sure what's up with that. I still think the system really helps, but it is interesting.

It would be massively cost prohibitive to filter all the outside water to RO/DI quality. Plus would be worse for the landscaping. I flip some valves and switch to the DI water for the final rinse, but I still have to use a leaf blower to dry the car or I'll get spots.

I've been trying something new with Optimum No Rinse over the past several days. When I get home from work, I kill 10 minutes using that on the car. We'll see if that keeps the spots away.

Ah, owning a pretty black car.