Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Help me locate paint in 12 oz spray cans

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-07 | 06:33 AM
Bradster
Lead Lap

Default Help me locate paint in 12 oz spray cans

Anybody know where to purchase 12oz spray cans of Lexus/Toyota factory color exterior paint...Always find the small touch-up bottles with brush but that's about it..TIA!
Old 11-10-07 | 08:33 AM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bradster
Anybody know where to purchase 12oz spray cans of Lexus/Toyota factory color exterior paint...Always find the small touch-up bottles with brush but that's about it..TIA!
I have had very good results with Paint Scratch. www.paintscratch.com.
Old 11-10-07 | 09:05 AM
Bradster
Lead Lap

Thanks for the heads-up...25.00 per 12.5 oz spray can...The car i plan to use it on isn't even worth that much
Old 11-10-07 | 06:09 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bradster
Thanks for the heads-up...25.00 per 12.5 oz spray can...The car i plan to use it on isn't even worth that much
If you have the paint, you can purchase the preval sprayer for 3 bucks at homedepot, and spray with that.
Old 11-13-07 | 08:18 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

paintscratch is the deal
Old 11-15-07 | 11:55 AM
EFMJR
Lead Lap

Try duplicolor

https://www.duplicolor.com/duplicolor/step1.php

Some colors they have, but not all colors.

If they dont have it go to your local automotive paint supply and they make spraycans for you. Yes youll pay for it but heck, the price of paint is alot. I was quoted a week ago $57 a pint or $111 per quart for the base coat and then $20 for the reducer to spray it, and I didnt let them tell me how much the clear was, i coulndt of taken it. You can get about 4 spraycans out of a pint of ready to spray paint, so if you can find somewhere that sells it ready to spray youll pay less. But over all the price is about the same. You mix the reducer like 1:1, so if you have a pint of paint you end up with a quart of sprayable paint. I was quoted $25 per pint ready to spray basecoat and ill put it in the spraycan myself. (I work for a industrial paint company). That or use a paint gun. Hope this helps, there is no quick or cheap way with automotive paint, trust me, Iv tried in the past.
Old 11-15-07 | 12:38 PM
Bradster
Lead Lap

Wink

Thanks for the helpful info...Duplicolor doesn't have the color i need..no easy way to accomplish this mission other than to bite the bullet and pay the $25 for the spray can...there are worse things in the world
Old 11-15-07 | 02:30 PM
EFMJR
Lead Lap

Dont forget the clear. I think all lexus (i could be wrong) are basecoat clear coat and i think some are three layers.
Old 11-16-07 | 07:44 AM
Bradster
Lead Lap

Yes indeed..clear coat is needed..
Old 11-17-07 | 12:47 PM
magnetik
Pole Position

Originally Posted by EFMJR
Try duplicolor

https://www.duplicolor.com/duplicolor/step1.php

Some colors they have, but not all colors.

If they dont have it go to your local automotive paint supply and they make spraycans for you. Yes youll pay for it but heck, the price of paint is alot. I was quoted a week ago $57 a pint or $111 per quart for the base coat and then $20 for the reducer to spray it, and I didnt let them tell me how much the clear was, i coulndt of taken it. You can get about 4 spraycans out of a pint of ready to spray paint, so if you can find somewhere that sells it ready to spray youll pay less. But over all the price is about the same. You mix the reducer like 1:1, so if you have a pint of paint you end up with a quart of sprayable paint. I was quoted $25 per pint ready to spray basecoat and ill put it in the spraycan myself. (I work for a industrial paint company). That or use a paint gun. Hope this helps, there is no quick or cheap way with automotive paint, trust me, Iv tried in the past.

thank you! They had spectra blue! my bumper has a big chunk that chipped off and I don't want to paint it because I plan on getting a kit.. this will make it so much easier to look at until then!!