Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Renting a detailing kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-07, 03:28 AM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Renting a detailing kit?

Wonder if any shops or person rents their PC7424 and detailing kit such as the liquid wax etc?? Living in SoCal....looking to have my car detailed but do not want to spend hundreds on the detailing kit and also having professionals detail for 200+++ bucks to remove my swirl marks
Old 12-09-07, 06:12 AM
MShybrid
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It always amazes me that some will spend hundreds of bucks on a one time detail instead of purchasing a kit and doing it themselves. I realize that some people do not have the time, talent, or location to tackle this and that is understandable. (No disrespect intended)
You have to remember that most (not all) detailers make their money on the quanity of jobs they finish. Other detailers are only interested in the final results. These detailers are few and far between (their services aren't cheap either) and I commend them for not taking shortcuts and taking pride in their work.
I would much rather take the time and work one panel at a time until I have it just the way I want it. I'm a hobbiest and really enjoy taking it to the next level.
Old 12-09-07, 12:14 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know Ranney at pakshak.com does rent machines, but only locally in Hawaii. You could try and contact him if he has anyone he knows in CA. Don't know how cost effective it would be to rent. You would still have to buy your own pads, polishes, and towels. I don't of anyone that rents everything.

Try posting on the PakShak or Autopia forums. You'll probably get better replies there.