Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Rejex Rules!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-08, 05:44 PM
anwallac
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rejex Rules!!!

Alright I love trying new stuff. And now I know that a lot of people love what they already use, but hear me out.

A little background if you have never heard of Rejex, it was developed by a government contractor to be used as a coating on the fuselage of helicoptors so the turbine exhaust would easily wash off. Well i guess they realized the stuff is unreal especially on cars, boats, etc.

I washed my IS last week with dawn, clay barred, washed with DP car wash, and then put a layer of Rejex on my car just like wax and it looked awesome, you know that fresh, deep wax, immaculate look, anyways.....but the best part is how water has been beading off my car. All week on the way to work, morning dew just rolls right over and off.

I just tonight went to rewash my car and apply a second layer as the CorrosionX website says a second layer is beneficial. When i went to rinse my car, I have never seen water bead off like did. Seriously this stuff is amazing. Water beads like crazy. Not to mention nothing sticks to it, bird crap, bugs, not anything. So everything wipes off easily in between washes. Also you can put it on trim, weather stripping, your rims, and any surface you don't want crap on.

Also, this stuff is supposed to last at least 4 mos., with some people reporting 6-12 mos. Anyways, if you use Zaino or something and know it is awesome more power to you, but if anyone is still using wax, reconsider and try this. It is freaking unreal.

Check the website, and be sure to read the Car and Driver magazing review:

Rejex Official Website

only downside is you'll prob need to order it online unless you got a connection to a wholesaler, if so buy a gallon!!!
Old 01-09-08, 05:49 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm gonna have to try it! Thanks
Old 01-09-08, 05:53 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've only waxed my car twice since i got it in may, meguiers NXT... since i wipe my car before i leave the house and as soon as i come back its all good
Old 01-09-08, 05:53 PM
4U2eNv_8o8
Lexus Test Driver

WoW!!! Sounds amazing. Gonna just try buy the 160z. first to sample it my self. Thanx for the tip!
Old 01-09-08, 06:12 PM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
I've only waxed my car twice since i got it in may, meguiers NXT... since i wipe my car before i leave the house and as soon as i come back its all good
Love that NXT!
Old 01-09-08, 06:52 PM
DetailMan
Driver

Wanna give me a little 2 oz. sample of this? I know its real popular with the vette guys, along with Zaino. Im not a fan of sealants because they dont give the paint much depth. Shoot me a PM if you want to.
Old 01-10-08, 03:10 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm a Zaino user and have tried Rejex and it's very good stuff.I still prefer Zaino but Rejex would definitely be my second choice.
Old 01-10-08, 04:28 AM
anwallac
Rookie

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I'm a Zaino user and have tried Rejex and it's very good stuff.I still prefer Zaino but Rejex would definitely be my second choice.
Yeah i want to try Zaino, but prob after I run out of this stuff. Is it a different process as far as applicaition (rejex goes on a lot like norm wax)?

Detailman, I only have a 16 oz bottle and don't have much, i think they sell a 12 oz bottle for pretty cheap on eBay, you should get that when you run out of what your using or want to try it.
Old 01-10-08, 03:02 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by D.Jobin
Love that NXT!
need to try the new NXT 2.0
Old 01-13-08, 07:29 PM
ahearn
Rookie

Where to find Rejex? I've looked everywhere. The web site says it's available at True Value Hardware, but mine didn't have it. Meanwhile, I'm using NXT.
Old 03-09-08, 03:31 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Credibility ?

Originally Posted by anwallac
Alright I love trying new stuff. And now I know that a lot of people love what they already use, but hear me out.

A little background if you have never heard of Rejex, it was developed by a government contractor to be used as a coating on the fuselage of helicoptors so the turbine exhaust would easily wash off. Well i guess they realized the stuff is unreal especially on cars, boats, etc.

I washed my IS last week with dawn, clay barred, washed with DP car wash, and then put a layer of Rejex on my car just like wax and it looked awesome, you know that fresh, deep wax, immaculate look, anyways.....but the best part is how water has been beading off my car. All week on the way to work, morning dew just rolls right over and off.

I just tonight went to rewash my car and apply a second layer as the CorrosionX website says a second layer is beneficial. When i went to rinse my car, I have never seen water bead off like did. Seriously this stuff is amazing. Water beads like crazy. Not to mention nothing sticks to it, bird crap, bugs, not anything. So everything wipes off easily in between washes. Also you can put it on trim, weather stripping, your rims, and any surface you don't want crap on.

Also, this stuff is supposed to last at least 4 mos., with some people reporting 6-12 mos. Anyways, if you use Zaino or something and know it is awesome more power to you, but if anyone is still using wax, reconsider and try this. It is freaking unreal.

Check the website, and be sure to read the Car and Driver magazing review:

Rejex Official Website

only downside is you'll prob need to order it online unless you got a connection to a wholesaler, if so buy a gallon!!!
Old 03-09-08, 07:42 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I've subscribed to C&D for several years and I've never seen them do a comparative car wax review. I've dumped all my back issues but I'd be curious to see if that review in August of 2003 was really a review or a paid ad.

At any rate, even if it was a real review, that was almost 5 years ago. Hardly pertinent. Paint sealant technology changes quite fast. You would think that they could come up with more current reviews for their web site wouldn't you? I also would not give much credence to a review that compares itself to nothing as the C&D blurb did. LOL

That said, I've tried RejeX and it worked well on my wheels. I haven't used it on the paint. I've since gone with NXT 2.0 on the whole car. My impression is that NXT looks better and both keep the wheels slippery and brake dust doesn't stick to either product. RejeX is slightly less glossy, almost a soft glow, in comparison to NXT.