Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

New Lexus GS 300 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-08, 04:25 PM
scottmandu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Lexus GS 300 Owner

Hello All, I am new to the forum and just purchased an 06 GS 300 for my wife. We've had another Lexus in the past (04 IS300), but this is our first jet black Lexus.

Due to the fact that the car is an 06 CPO, the paint has some blemishes on it that I'd like to address. Would someone please let me know what the best product is for Lexus black and what I can do to hide some of the swirls in the paint, scratches that are around the door handles and how do get a "deep" wet look?

Thanks!!
Old 01-11-08, 04:39 PM
Kosoku4lfe
Rookie

Get the car clayed then wash it and wax it on a regular basis!!!! good luck.
Old 01-11-08, 08:07 PM
DetailMan
Driver

Ahhh, theres so much more to it, especially with a black car that shows everything. Well there are some products out there that will hide imperfections if thats what you want to do. However, I recommend taking it to a detailer and having him detail it for you. I know some good ones in FL.

Anyways, if you'd just like to hide them then you can try these products.

Meguairs NXT- This is a synthetic wax that has fillers in it which help to hide imperfections. A synthetic wax is basically a mix between Carnauba and a synthetic sealant. This gives you the best of both worlds, good depth and gloss as well as good durability. However, Ive heard numerous times that Meguiars NXT does not last very long.

Pinnacle XMT 360- This cleans the paint, corrects very minor imperfections with ultra fine abrasives, hides some stuff, and puts down a layer of sealant.

Poorboy's Polish with Carnauba (Blue)- This is basically the same thing as XMT 360.
Old 01-11-08, 08:13 PM
scottmandu
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Dan. If you would let me know of a good detailer in the Tampa/St. Pete/Sarasota area, I'd really appreciate it. I also think that the initial job should be done by a pro and then I can keep it up. It's not like the car is in any type of rough shape....it's just black!
Old 01-11-08, 09:59 PM
DetailMan
Driver

PM sent..........