Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Alternate Ways of Car Wash HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-08, 12:24 AM
350nub
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternate Ways of Car Wash HELP!!

I live in an apartment, so i have no way to get water to wash my car....(besides the manager is going to kill me)...so i went to a Coin Op car wash but i guess it is not 24 hours, and it does not allow people to use BUCKET WASHING/RINSING....any other way to wash your car???
Old 01-19-08, 12:54 AM
tnbigdawg
Driver

Originally Posted by 350nub
I live in an apartment, so i have no way to get water to wash my car....(besides the manager is going to kill me)...so i went to a Coin Op car wash but i guess it is not 24 hours, and it does not allow people to use BUCKET WASHING/RINSING....any other way to wash your car???
Usually, the "No bucket washing/rinsing" policy is only effective if there are other people waiting in line to get their car wash. So maybe go early in the morning to wash your car when no one is around?
Old 01-19-08, 02:27 AM
weesped
Lexus Champion

i use ONR in my stall. i used to do the normal bucket, hose etc. and it took me awhile to wash my car. my security would always try n kick me out of the car washing area. So i started to use ONR with a bucket of water in my parking stall. works out great, cleans my car better than gold class wash imo
Old 01-19-08, 07:11 AM
YoshRX300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Luckly my coin op car wash is open 24 hours, so I go about 10-11 at night and theres usually no one there. I bring my own supplies (brush, bucket, soap...) and just rinse it there when done. I never used their brushes cause you don't know what the previous user used it to clean up. Here in New Jersey all the coin op washers are open 24 hours. Does yours have signs saying hours of operation or does it shut off all the stations at night? If they shut off all the stations they should have hours posted up.
Old 01-19-08, 12:16 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have any other suggestions for you but to maybe see if there's another coin operated car wash in your area. During the winter I usually use them but I sometimes go during hours where there are not many people there. I can wash the car and dry it too without getting out of the booth because not many people are around.
Old 01-19-08, 12:36 PM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

I too take my supplies with me to the car wash. In San Jose there are a bunch of the coin-op places that are open all the time. I either go real late at night or early in the morning to wash and dry in the stall at my own speed. The owners/maintenance guys are usually hanging around and don't care as long as no one else is waiting. Some of the places have shady parking lots across the street that I can pull into to get out of the sun for drying if there are too many people waiting.
Old 01-19-08, 09:45 PM
tttp5
Pole Position

do u have a friends house that u can goto? i used to goto the coin op places too with my own bucket... my method was so spray the whole car wet all over and then turn on the foam brush and sit the brush ontop of the roof... that way the foam comes on a flat place and doesn't roll off too quick.... then i use my sponges and take the foam and rub it all around.... even though the time may expire people waiting usually don't mind because they think all that time i have the foam brush on the car i'm paying for the time i spend. :P .... cuase thats what it looks like... i'm just using my own sponge...... a tip is remember to use the high pressure hose to blast the head of the foam brush because ppl before u will use that brush to clean wheels and everything and it will pick up stuff that will scratch your paint..... and i only use that brush to clean my wheels.

my method usually takes me about 5mins paying time for spray and foam, then 5mins again to rinse it all off.... i like a long rinse.

then i found my frineds driveway and ever since i've been going there.
Old 01-19-08, 11:35 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Optimum No Rinse.
$16/bottle at Autogeek and will last you 30 car washes.
All you need is a gallon or two of water, bucket and 3 microfiber towels
Old 01-22-08, 09:55 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tuan92129
Optimum No Rinse
+1 You can also get it at pakshak.com along with the pakshak waffle weave mf towels, just add water
Old 01-23-08, 12:26 PM
Armand
Driver

NUB if you're in So Cal there are tons of 24 hr unattened coin op places. I used to use them a while back, 5 gal bucket with my supplies - hose off the car - fill up the bucket with water - wash car - rinse - rinse bucket and move onto drying area - 15min max. Sometimes the owner showed up and gave me ****take but I would tell him that i wasn't about to drag their brushes along my paint after having seen 4x4s scrub down their muddy trucks and motorcycles there, gardening trucks doing the same & so on & so on.

ONR works great and I have used it from time to time. Also mix up it up in a spray bottle and it makes a great quick detailer.
Old 01-26-08, 08:14 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

i would wash my car, and give it a good wax, a good wax will protect the paint, and the nest time your car gets dirty, you will be able to just rinse the car and majority of the dirt will come off.