Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Prima Swirl

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-08 | 03:42 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Default Prima Swirl

Has anybody tried Prima Swirl products, I have heard some good things about them. I am debating whether I want to spend all that money of Mezerna products for swirl removal for my new PC and would rather not because I think they are too expensive. Trying to decide what I want and what is the best deal.
Old 01-21-08 | 03:56 PM
Armand
Driver

Default poorboys

I've always been happy with poorboys products. Easy to get, reasonably priced and it does the job. BTW the new PB "red" carnuba wax is freakin' awesome, I got mine shipped last week and tried it this weekend - amazing "wet look"
Old 01-22-08 | 10:05 AM
MShybrid
Pole Position

It may be just me but I picked up the Nano polish and was not happy with the results. I really didn't care for the dusting which it created.
My go to polish is Optimun polish or if something stronger is needed I go with the Optimun compound. Both have LONG working times and finish down good enough so you can go straight to the LSP of your choice. I may be interested in trading the Nano polish if anyone is interested and has some good items to trade.
Old 01-22-08 | 03:56 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MShybrid
It may be just me but I picked up the Nano polish and was not happy with the results. I really didn't care for the dusting which it created.
My go to polish is Optimun polish or if something stronger is needed I go with the Optimun compound. Both have LONG working times and finish down good enough so you can go straight to the LSP of your choice. I may be interested in trading the Nano polish if anyone is interested and has some good items to trade.
Thanks for the info, I will look into it, have you tried Menzerna products, do you know how well Optimun products compares for paint correction (sap etching, swirl marks, water spots, light scratches) to Menzerna and some of the others.
Old 01-22-08 | 09:44 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Menzerna is one of the best products on the market. Depending on which bottle you have, the pro line (in cylinder bottles) will dust alot. They are made for the Mercedes cars that are coming straight from the manufacturing plant. Rebottled products can be bought from Proper Auto Care with added oils and less dusting.

Otherwise, it really depends on what type of correction you are doing with the PC. The PC doesn't create enough heat to do much correction, so if you're looking to do heavy correction, I'd look into the Presta or 1Z lines as they are very aggressive and can do great correction with the PC. Optimum Polishes are good too. Chemical Guys and Poorboys are other good choices.