Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Mezerna question

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-08 | 04:30 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Well I tried it out again today and was alot happier, adding pressure to the PC helped alot and made a pretty big difference, I could certainly tell what was waxed and what was not this time. There were still some things I could not get like a few stubborn etchings, water spots and scratches but I am pretty happy as most of the oxidation/grime was removed. I definitely had to change pads and wash and dry them a couple times because they became too flat/soft.

I have a question, I had to use a yellow pad for the roof because it was worse then I thought and some other more serious scratches, I may have a little hazing resulting from the yellow cutting pad. I don't have any other polish other then IP. Can I finish down with Klass AIO or Jeff Werkstatt AIO with say a white pad or could I dilute the menzerna IP with some water/AIO and then finish down with a white pad and get a similiar effect of a lower grade polish like FP II. I then plan to put the JW AIO base coat(forgot its official name) and then most likely by hand put the Werkstatt AJ wax for protection.
Old 01-31-08 | 04:35 PM
GSteg
Rookie

You can follow it up with the same polish, but use the orange pad this time around. But you should try with both white and orange pad to see which one is more effective. Not all applications are the same. Start out with white pad and IP first. If it's not strong enough, jump to the orange pad.