Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

So I broke out the PC for the first time today...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-08, 12:50 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

IP does does an insane amount. What I do is use the california duster to gently dust the surface. I use to use quick detaiing spray to remove the dust, but then it ended up costing more time, money, drying towels.
Old 02-02-08, 05:21 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
IP does does an insane amount. What I do is use the california duster to gently dust the surface. I use to use quick detaiing spray to remove the dust, but then it ended up costing more time, money, drying towels.
Thats a good idea. I'm using Megs Ultimate QD at the moment and its already half gone

I shall keep that in mind for the future though
Old 02-03-08, 12:00 AM
XprincoX
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i get my UDM on monday so hopefully this will be my weekend project next wkend too.
Old 02-05-08, 12:50 PM
Armand
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wait until you master {and eventually get bored with** the PC and kick it up a notch to a rotary -- talk about fun. That 1/2 trunk would have taken you 10 minutes.

Have you tried poorboys products, effective and no dusting.

Enjoy your PC, i still remember my first time fondly HAHA
Old 02-05-08, 12:55 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Originally Posted by Armand

I thought I was the sh|t when I first used a PC I dont even know where mine is right now.
Old 02-05-08, 07:47 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I thought I was the sh|t when I first used a PC I dont even know where mine is right now.
can i have it .
Old 02-06-08, 12:26 AM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Armand
wait until you master {and eventually get bored with** the PC and kick it up a notch to a rotary -- talk about fun. That 1/2 trunk would have taken you 10 minutes.

Have you tried poorboys products, effective and no dusting.

I'm planning to master it along with the Flex that my friend is getting pretty soon. After the Flex will be the rotary of course but thanks, I'll keep that in mind

I might pick up some Poorboys products on my next buy from DI. I felt like Menzerna as my first polish since I read some good stuff about them. Its so far been a good choice

Oh, funny thing about the PC...you know that included pad? I used it to sand a piece of wood and decided to clean it. While spinning it on the PC at speed 6 with minimal water in it, the pad BLEW UP! . That was a lot of fun though
Old 02-06-08, 12:28 AM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

I'm just excited and proud of my work GSteg. I was recently quoted by Lexus of Mission Viejo that it would take a lot of wetsanding and compounding to get rid of the swirls and scratches. So far its just deep scratches that aren't coming out so I'm very happy. They quoted me for $400 for a complete job. I'm doing prolly as well as they could've done for about 150 less and I can keep doing it for as long as I want

I practically danced when my trunk was halfway finished ^_^
Old 02-06-08, 12:34 AM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

lol...just FYI...u shouldnt use UQD for your clay lubricant...you should use Meg's Quik Detailer instead...but anyway...great job for a first timer..
Old 02-06-08, 09:18 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Originally Posted by eyezack87
I'm just excited and proud of my work GSteg.
And you should be!! It takes a lot of work and I'm glad you did it on your own instead of paying someone else to do it. Just to let you know, I wasn't trying to downplay you or anything Everyone has to start somewhere. Imagine applying your skill later down the line with a rotary. I think you have what it takes.
Old 02-06-08, 03:10 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Haha, thanks for the comments guys. Can't wait to finish up the rest of the car ^_^

Too bad my car won't be as great as day one though. Recent accident made the entire drivers side of my car repainted and the shop didn't think that 2-tone was part of Lexus's vocabulary and painted it the same color as the bumper . Another reason why I don't partake in meets . Maybe after the future repaint of my car I'll start going, but with the look of my car right now, nope.

If you were confused, I have a 3-tone ES
Old 02-06-08, 03:31 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

id take it back and tell them to change the paint back immediately.
Old 02-06-08, 04:23 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by eyezack87
I'm just excited and proud of my work GSteg. I was recently quoted by Lexus of Mission Viejo that it would take a lot of wetsanding and compounding to get rid of the swirls and scratches. So far its just deep scratches that aren't coming out so I'm very happy. They quoted me for $400 for a complete job. I'm doing prolly as well as they could've done for about 150 less and I can keep doing it for as long as I want

I practically danced when my trunk was halfway finished ^_^
Was that 400 for the whole car to be wetsanded/compounded to get rid of defects/scratches or certain parts. My hood, although it looks much better know may need to be wetsanded and possibly repainted from sap/bird crap etching that is just too deep in the clear for the PC, was wondering what just the hood would cost.
Old 02-06-08, 08:40 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by UDel
Was that 400 for the whole car to be wetsanded/compounded to get rid of defects/scratches or certain parts. My hood, although it looks much better know may need to be wetsanded and possibly repainted from sap/bird crap etching that is just too deep in the clear for the PC, was wondering what just the hood would cost.
Just for the trunk and bonnet. They had the worst ones. I have some more 50/50 of my bonnet for you all but I need my friend to send them to me again. Sisters used a brillo pad on those parts

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
id take it back and tell them to change the paint back immediately.
I don't think I will. I was gonna just bring it back and ask for a refund since I'm planning to repaint it Black Sapphire Pearl in the future
Old 02-16-08, 07:35 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dragged out the rotary today for some detailing fun = another clean es

After 5 hours using Meguiars #1, 80, 83, NXT, Yellow Wax...not a scratch to be found.