Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Detail shop removed my paint! I'm sick ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-08, 03:24 PM
Neofate
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I've forgotten to post pics in this thread -- I did elsewhere.. Let me dig them up so you can see it and compare the OP with the 'after'. It did turn out well.
Old 03-18-08, 03:31 PM
Neofate
Lexus Test Driver

Paint looks 'dull' in this picture -- But I assure you it is not.. It is very shiny and matches VERY well. Here is the wheel well.

Remember that big spot on the bumper -- Looks fantastic:

The spots on the bumper are reflections from the flash off the taillights..

Also, take a look at the picture as my signature -- That is with the new paint, you can tell it is shiny and not dull.

Very pleased with results.

Going to pick up car in a few hours from the shop, the seller (the master mechanic) put on a new power steering pump with new reservoir out of his pocket.. he stood behind his word. (I have new tailights coming in Thursday) -- and a UDM, with polishes/glaze/pads coming in this week too. So the car is coming along nicely.
Old 03-18-08, 03:33 PM
Neofate
Lexus Test Driver

Question though -- Notice the white in the wheel well,.. I'd like to simply spray my wheel wells black. What type of spray paint would you guys recommend? And would just getting the blue painter tape and taping off the painted areas be sufficient to spray? Can I get by not removing the wheel to do this? Or removing the wheel be better? (Don't want to paint my brakes or rotor hehe.. but I can see not having a wheel in your way being much easier.

I'm basically question matte/vs glosse black.. Brands, and durability I guess.

Thanks,
Old 03-21-08, 09:32 PM
spender
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Neofate - I applaud you for the way you handled this. While the shop you went to clearly screwed up, in the end it's just not worth it to go to court for this. Even if you didn't hire an attorney (which I happen to be), it would take you a week to prepare your claim and file it, not to mention that you'd probably have to take a day off to show up to argue your case. Even if you won your case, you would not be compensated for your time and costs involved in chasing the shop. In the whole scheme of things, life's too short to get too fussed about a few hundred bucks. Cheers!