Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

What's a good quick detailer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-08, 02:52 PM
LexFather

Meguiars Nxt speed detailer
then
Eagle One Nano Wax

is fantastic
Old 03-05-08, 03:14 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,279 Likes on 1,385 Posts

RVN,

Before recommending a QD to you, I think we should be asking how do you protect your paint today? What brand / type of paint sealant or wax do you use?
Old 03-05-08, 03:46 PM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My opinion is just that, only mine.

Two of the reasons I like UQD better than LT is that UQD just never streaks no matter how I use it or what the heat or humidity. LT will sometimes streak for me especially in high humidity. The other reason is that UQD just repels water like RainX does for glass. I don't get that same action from LT.

One more thing I like about UQD is the mister bottle is one of the nicest out there. It dispenses a really fine even mist, much better than most of the trigger bottles I own. BTW, what are you using to dispense LT? I really dislike the last bunch of trigger sprayers I bought (Meg's standard sprayer). They don't really emit a fine even mist and they seem to leak a lot around the trigger.

You are right though, sadly UQD is quite expensive. I do use LT for claying as UQD is not recommended for use with clay. I also use LT for quick removal of bird bombs and bugs. I don't dislike LT, and think that it is a good value.
I could respect that. It's just that i've been using LT for a while provided by my friend. I used to have it on a small metal spray can but ever sicne my friend gave me a gallon (like the one I posted earlier in the thread) I've been using a regular spray bottle. I use it in excess anyways since I have a black car and I spray like crazy before wiping. So that didn't bother me much. With the UQD, with a little wind, half of the time it feels like it doesn't make it to the car. Like you said though, it's all preference. I'm in the process of finding out how well the UQD works though. Other than it's price, it is also pretty difficult to find in my area, no clue why.

Meguiars Nxt speed detailer
then
Eagle One Nano Wax

is fantastic
Is E1 Nano Wax considered a quick detailer? It doesn't feel so speedy since it is usually isn't a spray and wipe kind of item. It takes me a couple of wiping to get the haze off.
Old 03-06-08, 02:03 AM
RVN
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow thanks all for the great responses and suggestions. Well, when I was in Target I noticed that they had Meg's UQD and I decided what the heck. I didn't get to try it yet because go figure no bird poo when I am finally prepared for it . I gotta admit though it might be a little pricer than the competition. Next or in addition, I might try the others. It was just convenient to pick it up then and there. Thanks again
Old 03-06-08, 02:06 AM
RVN
Rookie

Originally Posted by jfelbab
My opinion is just that, only mine.

Two of the reasons I like UQD better than LT is that UQD just never streaks no matter how I use it or what the heat or humidity. LT will sometimes streak for me especially in high humidity. The other reason is that UQD just repels water like RainX does for glass. I don't get that same action from LT.

One more thing I like about UQD is the mister bottle is one of the nicest out there. It dispenses a really fine even mist, much better than most of the trigger bottles I own. BTW, what are you using to dispense LT? I really dislike the last bunch of trigger sprayers I bought (Meg's standard sprayer). They don't really emit a fine even mist and they seem to leak a lot around the trigger.

You are right though, sadly UQD is quite expensive. I do use LT for claying as UQD is not recommended for use with clay. I also use LT for quick removal of bird bombs and bugs. I don't dislike LT, and think that it is a good value.

If the sprayer is the problem, can't you just use the UQD spray bottle and refill with any other liquid?
Old 03-06-08, 02:10 AM
RVN
Rookie

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
RVN,

Before recommending a QD to you, I think we should be asking how do you protect your paint today? What brand / type of paint sealant or wax do you use?
Well, I use Duragloss Aquawax and NXT. I dont really have a schedule of when to wash car on this and that date. I usually wash about once a week and either put on a coat of NXT or spray Aquawax or both depending on my laziness. Last weekend I just applied two coats of NXT. Car is parked outdoors unfortunately that's why I try to wash every weekend.
Old 03-06-08, 06:09 AM
jfelbab

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by R_V_N
If the sprayer is the problem, can't you just use the UQD spray bottle and refill with any other liquid?
LOL: I plan on doing just that. You must have been reading my mind.