Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

NXT 2.0 - Where to buy to ship to Canada

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-08, 02:53 PM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jadeboy
Pinnacle Souveran seems over priced and not that durable and I can't seem to find it in Canada (haven't look hard) and Poorboy's Natty's Blue is available from an online store in Canada.. but I will try to look for something local.

Thanks for all your advice.
Best stuff out there is generally not available OTC easily. For a cheaper alternative to Souveran, Natty's Blue, P21s and CG 50/50 are viable alternatives. Generally carnubas aren't great for durability unless you're going Collinite. NXT isn't really known for durability either. For more durable sealants, I would go for Zaino or PGP.

I'm already using PGP and I love it. I ordered some DWG and supposedly it adds remarkable depth and wetness when used in conjunction with it. Here's a couple of pics of an autopian who layered PGP with DWG and PGP again:

Old 03-20-08, 06:12 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Awesome! How long does it last? We have limited selection in Canada.
Old 03-20-08, 07:52 PM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

PGP in itself should outlast most of your LSPs. In relation to NXT, it should last many times the durability of NXT. PGP should give you AT LEAST 6 months of protection. Layering itself seems to add to it. Layering it with other products like DWG however MIGHT affect it's durability, though it's still uncertain. It's only available online and I'm sure they ship to Canada anyways.
Old 03-20-08, 07:57 PM
350nub
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i believe thats Detaildoc's Lexus...he achieve that look mostly because he uses DWG...which gives such a wet, shiny look....however, UPGP is also a great product...but also more expensive than NXt 2.0 and comes in a much smaller size...
Old 03-21-08, 12:48 AM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 350nub
i believe thats Detaildoc's Lexus...he achieve that look mostly because he uses DWG...which gives such a wet, shiny look....however, UPGP is also a great product...but also more expensive than NXt 2.0 and comes in a much smaller size...
Yeah, you're right, that is detaildoc's lexus. And yeah, UPGP, is seems pretty expensive, but not for how it performs though. It's runs for about $70 a bottle and $35 for a 4oz bottle, but a little goes a long way. A couple of sprays can give you adequate coverage for the whole hood and no more than 1-2 sprays per panel. And since it's WOWA, you can do the whole car in less than 15 mins. For about twice the price (4oz version of course) of NXT for something that you don't have to reapply every few weeks that looks better than Zaino (less plasticky look) in one step, why not?
Old 03-22-08, 06:51 PM
The Detail Dude
Pole Position

You usually pay for what you get. That si the approach I have taken with my entire line. For those of you who have samples on the way, you will be able to tell instantly.
Old 03-22-08, 08:17 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

mysteryan,

Do you have the link to the autopian thread above which produced that result.
Old 03-22-08, 08:35 PM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

Sure do:
http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/...super-wet.html
Old 03-22-08, 10:39 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

mysteryan... please post your result when you get your car done
Old 04-02-08, 12:48 AM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jadeboy
mysteryan... please post your result when you get your car done
Sorry it took so long to get some pics up, but it took a while to get my car cleaned up. That, and PGP needs at least a 12hr cure. Here are my results using 2x PGP > 2x DWG > PGP > OID wipedown

Oh, the color is Blue Onyx Pearl. Some people are starting to think it's black.

These were taken in the afternoon in the blazing southern california sun (feels like summer lately).

I know, the backdrop is horrible (especially with a dumpster showing in the reflection), but I was at the coin-op place, and thought why not take some pics
Old 04-02-08, 07:06 AM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

2x PGP > 2x DWG > PGP > OID wipedown
what are these abbreviations stand for?
Old 04-02-08, 07:33 AM
Neofate
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

PGP = Paint Guard Plus (I think, other products have the same acronym though)

DWG = Danase Wet Glaze

OID = I have no clue --lol.

----

On DWG glaze,.. what is recommended application process? Say in conjunction with NXT 2.0.

Wash car, strip wax. (Already clayed and polished) -- Apply DWG , wait (how long) -- Wipe off.. (Wait how long) -- (Layer any?) -- Apply NXT 2.0 -- Reapply DWG or no?

Gracious
Old 04-02-08, 07:35 AM
Neofate
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The Detail Dude
You usually pay for what you get. That si the approach I have taken with my entire line. For those of you who have samples on the way, you will be able to tell instantly.
I am one that is getting some samples -- I intend on doing my trunk with painters tape with the various products, comparing with NXT 2.0, DWG, Regular Carnuba wax (Meg's),.. And so on. Side by side. Trunk is fairly easy to work with. (Obviously with pics so we can see first hand the difference.) -- I only wish the car was black. But if it is that much better, we should be able to tell it even on silver. -- I will comment how it looks in person as well.
Old 04-02-08, 02:37 PM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

PGP = Ultima Paint Guard Plus
DWG = Danase Wet Glaze
OID = Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer
Old 04-02-08, 02:43 PM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Neofate
PGP = Paint Guard Plus (I think, other products have the same acronym though)

DWG = Danase Wet Glaze

OID = I have no clue --lol.

----

On DWG glaze,.. what is recommended application process? Say in conjunction with NXT 2.0.

Wash car, strip wax. (Already clayed and polished) -- Apply DWG , wait (how long) -- Wipe off.. (Wait how long) -- (Layer any?) -- Apply NXT 2.0 -- Reapply DWG or no?

Gracious
If you're using NXT, I would leave the existing NXT and lay the DWG over it. DWG doesn't have a cure time, it can be buffed off immediately after it's been put on, but I like applying the whole car before buffing it all off first just in case. I would layer at least twice just in case the mild cleaners in NXT takes a tad off.

And yes, DWG seems to add a bit more depth and gloss to it!

Quick Reply: NXT 2.0 - Where to buy to ship to Canada