Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

How to clean greasy lubricant on hood??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-08, 02:45 PM
DevJ
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to clean greasy lubricant on hood??

I am now certain my car is a target for *******s
Someone wrote "NUTS" on my car when i was at the movies with a girl..

What is the best way to remove this crap from my hood? it felt like grease or something but i can't be sure and i dont want to ruin anything?

Help please?

btw i havea silver is350 if that helps
Old 03-20-08, 05:08 PM
DevJ
Driver

nothing? lol
Old 03-23-08, 01:45 PM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wet the area and wash it with some Dawn dishwashing soap and water mix, the Dawn is good at grease cutting and although it'll remove some or all of your wax (depending on which wax/sealant you have) that's the least of your problems now. You'll have to reapply it after the problem is solved.

It should do the trick. If not, get back to us and we'll move to plan B with something a bit stronger.

DAN
Old 03-23-08, 02:13 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Guitarman
Wet the area and wash it with some Dawn dishwashing soap and water mix, the Dawn is good at grease cutting and although it'll remove some or all of your wax (depending on which wax/sealant you have) that's the least of your problems now. You'll have to reapply it after the problem is solved.

It should do the trick. If not, get back to us and we'll move to plan B with something a bit stronger.

DAN
Yea, just wash the whole hood with dawn like he said and re apply the wax. If that doesnt work try claying the hood after washing it and then apply wax. Keep us updated.
Old 03-23-08, 05:36 PM
The Detail Dude
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is some info on using dawn. After deveral months of testing....severe testing, we have found that Dishwashing detergents, no matter how mild, over time will remove everything from your paint’s finish including waxes, polymers, and silicones. ( NOT GOOD) They will then proceed to accelerate the oxidation process. Our car wash, The Boss Wash And Gloss is a pH balanced product that is specially formulated with conditioners that will enhance the appearance and actually protect your paint’s finish. We believe that frequent washing is the single best thing you can do to maintain and preserve your car’s finish. One simple tip: DON’T wash your vehicle when the metal is hot as this will cause the soap and water to dry faster making the washing process harder and could actually dull the surface!
Old 03-24-08, 08:19 AM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Detail Dude, we're not talking about using Dawn as a general wash soap here, this thread is about a specific problem and 1x use of it to attempt to solve said problem.

In this case, Dawn is one of the most benign products he can use for his issue. Heck, rain has an acid PH throughout most of the USA...so rain alone is pretty much as destructive to paint as is Dawn.

The info is good & appreciated, and though widely known by most here already, but out of context for his issue.

Thanks, (your friendly neighborhood forum moderator).