Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

1.5 Month Detail (Finally done :D) 56k go detail a car...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-08, 03:48 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1.5 Month Detail (Finally done :D) 56k go detail a car...

Only 2 cars were done in this time. 96 ES300 and 06 RX330

96 ES300 (16 Hours)
As some of you remember, I picked up a PC about a month and a half ago. In just one day after, I managed to correct half my trunk, as seen here:
Start:

Finish:

Full View:

Now fast forward about 3 weeks...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, after a day of heavy polishing on the rest of my trunk/hood/passenger panels, the backing plate of the PC completely melted on me:

As usual, like any heavily concerned customer, I emailed Greg at Detailed Image AND Lake Country themselves. Due to my overgrowing concern about the backing plates, both Greg and LC sent me the revisions of the backing plates. As a result, I have both revisions of the plate, one that looks exactly the same as the old one and one that has a puke yellow center. Now it was back on the detailing with hopefully little hitch

Fast forward another 2 weeks for backing plates to come in...
Finally got done with the polishing of my car which probably took about 4 hours due to the severity of my scratches and swirls. Basically multiply all the scratches you see of my trunk to the rest of the car:

Anyway, in all actuality, it probably took me about 16 hours to fully polish my car to the shine and clarity of my standards, which are pretty high if you ask me. All in all, I got rid of probably 96% of the heavy marring which were induced with a brillo pad thanks to my sisters...

Process:
-Wash with 2 bucket method
-Clay with Mother's Clay Bar Kit
-Taped up trim
-Polish @ Speed 6 with Menzerna IP with combination of Yellow and Orange LC pad with PC (MULTIPLE PASSES)
-Polish @ Speed 5 with Menzerna FP II with White LC pad and PC
-Glaze with Meg's Showcar Glaze @ Speed 4 with PC
-NXT 2.0 applied with PC and Black LC pad @ Speed 4
-Zymol Creme applied by hand

---------------------------------------------------
06 RX330 (1.5 Hours)
This car had little to no problems anywhere. Just some light swirls that were easily removed with FP II and a white LC pad. Basically it was a polish and seal for my mum .

Process:
-Wash with 2 bucket method
-Clay with Mother's Clay Bar Kit
-Tape up stuff
-Polish @ Speeds 5-6 with Menzerna FP II with White LC pad and PC
-Glaze with Meg's Showcar Glaze @ Speed 4 with Blue LC pad and PC
-NXT 2.0 applied with PC and Black LC pad @ Speed 4

Befores:

Old 03-22-08, 03:48 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

96 ES300 Afters

06 RX330 Afters

Thanks for looking
Old 03-22-08, 06:07 PM
Neofate
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

The RX looks fantastic -- The ES needs better lighting,.. I have the same, or similar color on my LS -- and really bright sunshine does well.

In your pictures the hood looks like it is a completely different paint color =/

** To be honest, the last picture (the back) of the ES is the only one that looks fairly good to me. -- Can you take some more shots in direct sunlight perhaps? I'm intersted.. Put some reflective items beside it at a distance for it to show, but also have the high 'noon' sunlight beaming all over it.

So it is hard for me to tell how great it looks in person,.. but judging by the effort you put in, I'd guess it looks sharp.

Sometimes though, we can over polish and not work it out, leaving a cloudy finish -- You didn't happen to do that did you? The products and machines you have are great... I would suspect the ES to be shining like no tommorow with all of those products and NXT 2.0 on top.

It has to be the pics -- and I'm not trying to get down on it,.. as I can tell by the RX that you've got skills
Old 03-22-08, 06:10 PM
Neofate
Lexus Test Driver

The more I look at the ES pictures, it looks like the upper panels (horiz) are faded . How old is it?

Is that just the light/pictures? Or are like the hood, roof, upper bumper panel and such a contrasting color because of sun fade?
Old 03-22-08, 06:12 PM
Neofate
Lexus Test Driver

If it isn't faded -- then its your camera. Judging by the light reflections (lack thereof) and contrast levels.. They look like they've been adjusted in a graphics program.. or a special 'mode' was used on the camera.

Take some more pictures in a different mode! now! heheh
Old 03-22-08, 08:52 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Haha, you guys have some sharp eyes. The Driver side panels were recently repainted in a sideswipe accident I was involved in so that explains why its a darker color from the rest of the body

I'll try to get more pics sometime this weekend but they'll end up the same anyway. The hood will always be faded due to the repaint on the driver side

Thanks for the props though
Old 03-22-08, 09:19 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

someones been messing with photoshop a bit tooo much...but good job eyezack looks great!
Old 03-24-08, 12:56 AM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
someones been messing with photoshop a bit tooo much...but good job eyezack looks great!
Hehe, I just asked my friend to basically p-shop a filter lens on there. My car looked dull due to 12pm light . That and it gave people some more screen saver pics in the ES forum