Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Where should I get my MF towels?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-08, 11:35 AM
DVac3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where should I get my MF towels?

I was wondering if there is any particular websites or places where everyone gets there car products? Looking for Micro Fiber towels, Waffle weave, and a washing mitt. Thanks.
Old 03-29-08, 11:40 AM
The Detail Dude
Pole Position

I can think of a place! LOL
Old 03-29-08, 12:07 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

u can get some from costco/target/wal-mart/autozone....
Old 03-29-08, 12:18 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Oreileys, Autozone, Walmart,Kmart usaully carry a brand of microfibers called Viking which are very good over the counter microfibers and are pretty cheap. Target has a line called Vroom which are decent, try to get the really soft grey ones if you can.
Old 03-29-08, 01:49 PM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pakshak.com is pretty well known for their microfibers. You can also try Danase.com, and Autogeek.net. Better than the stuff you find at the stores.
Old 03-29-08, 08:53 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Costco ones are pretty decent. They're cheap enough to throw away if they get too dirty or something. I have the Target Vroom ones that are orange. They died all my white ones orange too . Still good to use though
Old 03-30-08, 06:37 AM
jgtile
Driver

Originally Posted by mysteryan
pakshak.com is pretty well known for their microfibers. You can also try Danase.com, and Autogeek.net. Better than the stuff you find at the stores.
Mysteryan has some good website's listed (I did us pakshak and autogeek). I also went to autopie-carcare.com, and pinnaclewax.com also (pinnaclewax, autogeek, wolfgang, diamondite are all the same place it seems).

What I did is combine a bunch of orders together so I could get a discount; for example, autopia has 15% off $150 order or more. I am new to detailing but I have had help from this and other Lexus forums and I have done alot of research on this. Good luck.
Old 03-30-08, 09:15 AM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Costco FTW!
Old 03-30-08, 09:49 AM
The Detail Dude
Pole Position

If you guys would like a GP on micro fibers, let me know!
Old 03-30-08, 09:30 PM
Temptation
Pole Position

If there's going to be a GB on the micro fibers, then I'm definitely in on this!
Old 03-31-08, 12:15 AM
Neofate
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm in on a Group price on MF's -- Only reason I don't order them online is because shipping is rediculous these days with fuel surcharges. Isn't worth it to buy them because shipping makes it cost well more than local. So I just go pick them up at Walmart, autozone, or whatnot. Can get a dozen for 8bucks or so. Good brands. Generally throw them away. The larger 'towel' size MF's I buy I wash delicate and hang dry -- .. I'm actually trying to wash a handful of cheaper MF's now, on cold/delicate to see how they come out. But buying a dozen for 6-8$ is no big deal.

I like a few *very* high quality ones to have around though for drying, and final wipe downs.

I hear alot about this 'waffe weave' lately.. Also the absorber -- I think I might go grab the absorber, as people say it will dry a car without any wringing. (I blade the flat edges and windows) then MF the rest, the absorber should do great for that.

What kind of MF quality, 'brand' or type do you advertise Mike? For a group buy? What kind of prices would we be talking do you think. I would be in for sure if the price is right and shipping isn't 30% of the cost of the product itself =)

IE: I sold a taillight for 25$ (giving a good deal) -- Ended up spending 15.15$ on shipping (cheapest UPS method) -- So made 9$ on the sale lol. Typical.

Old 03-31-08, 12:20 AM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

the absorber definitely need to wringe after each panel...but it does really really absorb...lol...i basically only need 1 absorber and 1 large MF drying towel to do 1 car with no drips or streaks left...absorber will leave streaks and some moisture left but following with 1 large MF drying towel will leave the car dry and streak free....
Old 03-31-08, 12:26 AM
Neofate
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by radicalrev
the absorber definitely need to wringe after each panel...but it does really really absorb...lol...i basically only need 1 absorber and 1 large MF drying towel to do 1 car with no drips or streaks left...absorber will leave streaks and some moisture left but following with 1 large MF drying towel will leave the car dry and streak free....
That is contrary to a dozen other reports here and on autopia. People say if they 'drag' it in a certain manner they can get the car completely dry without having to 'wring' it at all. Its a technique.

In any event, I use the blade to get say, 70% of the water off, on surfaces I won't marr with it. Then The MF towels have a substantially less amount of overall water to soak up. The absorber should be perfectly capable of a 70% dry vehicle.

You might want to search up on this drag technique, where people put it on say the edge of the trunk, and grab the front ends and drag it across from back to front, or front to back. It moves the water as well as absorbs it. Allows single passes to be the 'only' passes. Eliminates rough contact that could cause some marring/scuffs I hear.

I am going to try this technique this week to see how it goes.
Old 03-31-08, 02:09 AM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Hehe, I hope the GB comes before the coupon code from Detailed Image or Autogeek comes out for free shipping

I have a few things on my list. Mainly WW MFs, IP and Power Gloss. Unless Mike would like to send me a sample of comparable products on his line. Also tried #83 but I don't think I used it correctly so I'm still experimenting around. So far Menzerna is great for my needs but I'm open to others
Old 03-31-08, 07:09 AM
The Detail Dude
Pole Position

So GB it is! Before I post it in the market place, let's decide what we all are in need of...

How is this?

8 Elite super plush microfibers 16x24 basically 4 2 packs (4 blue and 4 yellow)
1 Elite "Huge" micro fiber (awesome towel)
1 Elite waffle weave drying towel

This totals $79.70

Sale price will be $63.76 plus shipping

You guys tell me what you think?

Quick Reply: Where should I get my MF towels?