Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Black Trim Touch-Up

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-08, 06:10 PM
asong26
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Trim Touch-Up

Anyone know what paint I need to use to touch up the black trim around the front windows?

The black metal part that surrounds the window on the driver side has a small chip. Does Lexus sell touch up paint for this part as well?
Old 04-02-08, 06:40 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not sure about the black metal....but for the black trim...use Mothers Back to Black or if you want to spend more Black WoW....both works like a charm but Black WOW last longer..in fact...very long.....
Old 04-02-08, 08:23 PM
asong26
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by radicalrev
not sure about the black metal....but for the black trim...use Mothers Back to Black or if you want to spend more Black WoW....both works like a charm but Black WOW last longer..in fact...very long.....
Thanks for the tip. As matter of fact, I just went out and got some Back to Black yesterday for use in my other car. The black rubber / plastic trims are fine. I am having trouble with the metal parts that are black. I can't figure out how that piece got chipped.... I stopped by Advanced Auto Parts today, and they they have no idea what to use. They all agreed that the black metal trim is very close in color for most of the vehicles that are out there...
Old 04-02-08, 08:26 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if it is the color of automotive paint, you could just go to pepboys and get urself some touch up paint...i think thats the only think you can do...or if you wanna go gangsta..you can always get a permanent marker....
Old 04-02-08, 08:53 PM
asong26
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by radicalrev
if it is the color of automotive paint, you could just go to pepboys and get urself some touch up paint...i think thats the only think you can do...or if you wanna go gangsta..you can always get a permanent marker....
I did the gangsta thang on my old car. The perminant market disappears too easy.

I am going to stop by the dealer tomorrow and ask. If I find anything out, I'll post it here for everyone to see. I am sure I am not the only that is in need for the same touch-up paint.
Old 04-03-08, 10:02 AM
asong26
Driver School Candidate

My rear spoiler installer / painter guy just touched up some and gave me some extra paints to take home. It was a perfect match. He did a good job of touching it up too! Anyway, he told me that if I ever needed to get some more of the black stuff, then look for 'Satin Black'. I asked for the paint code, and he told me that there isn't any for this color. Hmmm...

I almost went to the autoparts store to get some regular black paints. Their touch up paints are mostly glossy. It would definitely stick out if applied any to my non-glossy black metal parts. I hope this helps for those who are in need of this black paint.

Thanks.