Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Applying NXT 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-08, 11:08 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Applying NXT 2.0

I finally got my hand on NXT 2.0. What should I do to apply it? About 1 month ago... I claybar the car, polish it with Color X using a cheap polisher that didn't remove any swirls, then apply 2 layers of RejeX (it still beads water). My plan is just to wash and dry the car and put on NXT 2.0.
Old 04-18-08, 04:30 AM
jfelbab

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by jadeboy
I finally got my hand on NXT 2.0. What should I do to apply it? About 1 month ago... I claybar the car, polish it with Color X using a cheap polisher that didn't remove any swirls, then apply 2 layers of RejeX (it still beads water). My plan is just to wash and dry the car and put on NXT 2.0.
Go with your plan but try to apply the product as thin as you can. Leave it sit and haze until it passes the swipe test, usually about 30 minutes. You want it to come of cleanly in one easy pass with a fresh plush MF towel. Don't over-polish the surface. Just rub gently enough to remove the haze. Try not to let it get wet for 12 hours if possible. A second coat of NXT 2.0 the next ay insured smooth even coverage if you have the time.

Take a couple before and after photos in the sun if you can and let us see how it looks.
Old 04-18-08, 08:24 PM
smithy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how was it going? I'm also planning to do the same.
Old 04-19-08, 06:54 AM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by smithy
how was it going? I'm also planning to do the same.

Not doing it this weekend.. it's -12 C (Calgary, Alberta, Canada) outside and it's snowing.. the IS 350 sux on snow.. I had problem getting up a small hill in my area and had a hard time getting the car inside the garage.