Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

What does it mean...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-08, 04:21 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hrm... the only soaps I've seen in my local Autozone is the Meguiar gold class... I have yet to seen the NXT. I've look at walmart, target and K mart's website but I dont see them carrying any car stuff? And K mart is the only place thats within 15 min of me lol.

I am trying to save up, the next mod, if really count as a mod, is a complete detail in and out to be done professionally, as much as I try to be gentle with my hand wash with microfiber sponge and drying with 5 different microfiber towels, the car is still pretty swirled up from that and the dealer wash I took to twice :x

I love BSP, I saw it, and I knew instantly I want the car in that color. Matador red was the next choice.... but ever since when I had my first car, I've always wanted midnight blue colored cars so that its a blend of black and blue depending on the light eyezack87 you should really go for the repaint, such a hot color
Old 05-22-08, 04:40 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

meguiar gold class is a great product too....go for it...ohhh...dealer wash??

big no no!!
Old 05-22-08, 07:02 PM
bsims_01
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for the Megs Gold Class. And no doubt, never let the dealer wash your ride. My new LS came with many dealer installed swirls - - free of charge of course.
Old 05-23-08, 12:19 AM
TRDANB
Driver School Candidate

Beading +1 =D it just looks awsome in my opinion like nothing can penetrate the paint! I've used Rightlook.com products for a while now on my detail work and it beads up nicely but currently looking into chemicalguys want to check out there line to see how it stands up but at the moment Adams butter wax is my favorite a bit pricey but well worth the reflection it gives and the shine unbeatable as well as the added beading effect ;D

BTW i've changed my mind im currently looking into getting an is350 first i was set on obsidian but looking at your BSP IS WOW! im sold! now i just gotta convince the dealership on my terms haha
Old 05-23-08, 03:42 AM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mikez
Hrm... the only soaps I've seen in my local Autozone is the Meguiar gold class... I have yet to seen the NXT. I've look at walmart, target and K mart's website but I dont see them carrying any car stuff? And K mart is the only place thats within 15 min of me lol.

I am trying to save up, the next mod, if really count as a mod, is a complete detail in and out to be done professionally, as much as I try to be gentle with my hand wash with microfiber sponge and drying with 5 different microfiber towels, the car is still pretty swirled up from that and the dealer wash I took to twice :x

I love BSP, I saw it, and I knew instantly I want the car in that color. Matador red was the next choice.... but ever since when I had my first car, I've always wanted midnight blue colored cars so that its a blend of black and blue depending on the light eyezack87 you should really go for the repaint, such a hot color
Thats definitely a mod man. Thats what I first did and it bought my car back to life

Just go slow and steady. You shouldn't be in a rush to mod especially if you want to keep the car for a long time
Old 05-23-08, 09:27 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

BSP is sexy

Anyways, I dont have the budget for a PC right now, so I'm looking to wax by hand.. the polishing can come later during the summer so I'll try to be patience

Different sites online says different thing, one say wax with swirling motion, other says wax with straight pass... so which is correct? @.@
Old 05-23-08, 10:38 AM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

I use the swirling motion with my NXT 2.0 (over lap each one by 50% much like polishing with a PC), otherwise straight lines by hand with my Zymol

If you just want to cover up the swirls for now until you can polish, use either multiple layers of NXT 2.0 or that weird Eagle One Nanowax they sell. I tested the Eagle One on a rent-a-Merc () and it seemed to fill a lot of the scratches and swirls with one application. Thats a good quick fix for now
Old 05-23-08, 02:39 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Yep, I bought a jug of those Meguiar's Gold classic car liquid car soap and a can of those Nanotech Eagle one things so I will get to that this weekend, from research I prefer nanotech and synthetics more than natural wax lol.

Bad news is I discovered a scrap-age and run on my car probably by a SUV from this past week... its been raining a while so I didnt notice until now, it can be polished and buffed away, but it left a small indent about half a foot long of the scratch on my rear quarter panel so the light reflection shows it real well since my car is pretty pristine
Old 05-23-08, 02:49 PM
bsims_01
Rookie

To me, water beading has always meant that you have a good layer of protection on the paint (wax, sealant, etc.)
Old 05-25-08, 06:10 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the help guys.

Here is a picture of Meguiar's Gold Class car wash + 2 coats of Eagletech Nanowax by hand.

Don't I look young or what
Old 05-25-08, 06:18 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

looks nice....your BSP looks more purple than mine! hahahaha
Old 05-25-08, 08:45 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Great shots, but the last pic needs to be focused for a effect

And yeah, it does look purple haha. Still an amazing color though
Old 05-25-08, 08:49 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Haha in the last pic I was about 2 and a half feet from my car door, and the camera's auto focus was going haye wire, it couldnt focus itself from either bein too close, or its confused by the reflections lol.

It does look a bit purple hrm :x