Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Using Zaino CS...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-08, 04:55 PM
Bushwack
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Using Zaino CS...

It has been 10 months (when I got my SGM GS) since I enthusiastically applied Z1 and numerous applications of Z2, etc. The results were great (as always) but haven't had the time for upkeep. A month ago I decided to order the CS Clear Seal product and give it a try. Three weeks ago I applied a coat of CS and let it dry overnight.

I'm not sure why people go through the multi 'Z' process as the results were impressive with Zaino CS. Just as good a shine as if applying multiple coats of Z2 using MUCH LESS TIME and effort. Last week I had the car hand washed and applied three coats of CS (with Z6 in between coats) over a two day period. Terrific results!! Bird poo and typical street crud wipe right off just as if I applied multiple coats of Z2.

Sal does a good job pimping the various products on his site and most work as described (never cared for the leather cleaner). But with CS, each coat took 10 minutes w/o having to wipe afterwards. Super easy to apply with minimal effort.

FWIW, I also applied 3 coats of CS on my white Corvette (last applied multiple Z2 applications April 2007). CS works well on both dark and light colored cars.
Old 05-27-08, 05:30 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been using it since last year and it works great! I use it as a top coat to multiple layers of Z2. Last fall I was not able to detail the GX or the X5 for winter so I used CS instead with very good results. It protected them from all the salt here in the midwest - had a bad winter. Very good stuff!
Old 05-27-08, 04:31 PM
Rustito
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi - Question about optics using Zaino on dark vs. light cars. Always use Zaino on my 2001 Acura CL (not garage kept) - med. deep blue and always a great reflection of me with high optics. Yesterday did my 2004 Lexus SC430 (got it in Jan) for the first time which is Pebble Beach Edition - great light blue/silver shade which former owner said he used Zaino. On both cars did 2layers of of ZFX enabled Z-5 Pro and Z-2 with Z-6 inbetween (Acura had been neglected but really came back). Then today did Z-CS lightly and it has been 6 hrs.

My question - my deep blue Acura shows high optics reflection while the Lexus - light blue is nice and shiny with deep gloss but don't see the high optics reflection when I look at my reflection in the car. Not haze but just not a tight optical reflection. Anyone know if this is common in light colored cars vs. darker colors? The Dark blue looks so dramatic while the light Lexus looks fantastic but not as dramatic. Ain't compaining because I love the SC and the color is the best ever - just wondering.
Rustito
Old 05-28-08, 05:01 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rustito
Hi - Question about optics using Zaino on dark vs. light cars. Always use Zaino on my 2001 Acura CL (not garage kept) - med. deep blue and always a great reflection of me with high optics. Yesterday did my 2004 Lexus SC430 (got it in Jan) for the first time which is Pebble Beach Edition - great light blue/silver shade which former owner said he used Zaino. On both cars did 2layers of of ZFX enabled Z-5 Pro and Z-2 with Z-6 inbetween (Acura had been neglected but really came back). Then today did Z-CS lightly and it has been 6 hrs.

My question - my deep blue Acura shows high optics reflection while the Lexus - light blue is nice and shiny with deep gloss but don't see the high optics reflection when I look at my reflection in the car. Not haze but just not a tight optical reflection. Anyone know if this is common in light colored cars vs. darker colors? The Dark blue looks so dramatic while the light Lexus looks fantastic but not as dramatic. Ain't compaining because I love the SC and the color is the best ever - just wondering.
Rustito
Yep, that is not surprising. I am guessing your Acura has a metalic or pearl paint. My GX is white and it looks much more shiny and still brings out the pearl in the paint. The X5 is black sapphire and it looks wet with depth, still very shiny but not as much. I think any paint with pearl or metalic to it will have more depth with zaino than basic color non-metalic paint. The X5 has some metal trim that is flat black and it looks the same before and after zaino - you cannot tell the difference.
Old 05-28-08, 08:18 AM
Rustito
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Acura is med. deep blue pearl - not metalic and has the deeper wet look with deep reflection. It is the Lexus SC that is light blue metalic and looks shiny but doesn't have the deep reflection - harder to tell difference in Lexus vs. darker color Acura which is much more striking after Zaino.
R