Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Just ordered ONE Waterless Carwash

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-08, 09:29 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered ONE Waterless Carwash

Hey I just wanted to share a quick update. I have heard about waterless wash for the longest time (probably since 2003 or so) and have never gotten around to trying it. The product that I bought is called ONE from Chemical Guys, its a waterless wash that contains kaolin and clay.

As a disclaimer, I am not intending it to use on my car when its filthy, I just need something other than Meguiars QD for dusting, etc. In alot of instances I'll get the car cleaned then drive to a show, or just around for the day. At these times, its not dirty enough to warrant a wash, but it has enough grime to require more than QD.

I also need something to keep our family hauler clean, after the great detail job Onehot did. Its a huge car so I hope this product helps.

This product has received great reviews so I'll try it and let you guys know my thoughts. I also picked up a waffle weave microfiber towel from them.

Here's a link:

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Waterles...wac_100_16.htm
Old 06-04-08, 10:16 PM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Derrick, if you could please, grab a car that has some light - medium swirls in the paint, and use this product when available. Thanks!! Sounds interesting =]
Old 06-04-08, 10:47 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kaolin and clay
I've used Optimum No Rinse for 2 years, and never had any swirl problems
Old 06-05-08, 04:48 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tuan92129
kaolin and clay
I've used Optimum No Rinse for 2 years, and never had any swirl problems
I think its commonly referred to as ONR right? I found a pretty long thread on autopia (over 20 pages) that was reviewing ONE, and it was deemed to give a deeper shine than ONR.

Of course the proof is in the pudding so I'lll report my findings!
Old 06-05-08, 06:42 PM
FMINUS
Rookie

They are 2 different products, one is a waterless wash the other is a rinseless wash.

ONR is a better alternative if the car is really dirty, ONE is for lighter washes.
Both are great.
Old 06-05-08, 09:04 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by FMINUS
They are 2 different products, one is a waterless wash the other is a rinseless wash.

ONR is a better alternative if the car is really dirty, ONE is for lighter washes.
Both are great.
Perfect, thats exactly what I had in mind for the ONE. Thanks for chiming in.

I found a super long thread on autopia about ONE thats when I knew I could jump on it.
Old 06-13-08, 07:25 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Hey guys I just wanted to share my experience with ONE. I received the package and had a chance to do my entire car with it.

It works very well as advertised. When you spray it on the body panel section, you can see the dirt lifting off the surface. Then when you pass the microfiber over and look at it all the dirt is there. The second pass of the other microfiber buffs it off and gives the shine. Its a really glossy shine too.

I also used it on the wheels and the results were awesome.

I would not suggest this product for a filthy dirty car. But if you just have light dirt, or dust, its a winner.

I'll attach before/ during / after shots of the wheel just for reference.

BEFORE - DIRTY WHEEL

DURING - AFTER APPLYING ONE

AFTER

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 06-13-08 at 07:38 AM.
Old 06-14-08, 09:49 AM
FMINUS
Rookie

Hers my ONE test

Old 06-15-08, 05:48 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by FMINUS
Hers my ONE test

noice!!!!

Quick question, once you use a MF towel to do the first wipe with ONE, do you wash it before reusing? I noticed how much dirt is picked up on that first wipe and even after it dries, I'm scared to reuse it.
Old 06-25-08, 06:07 PM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

I would have a few mf's set aside when doing a car w/ ONE. Dont rely on just one towel to make it very far ... thats just me though

Awesome product imo
Old 06-28-08, 10:33 AM
bsims_01
Rookie

Wow, I like the looks of this product. I've been using ONR on my car as of late, and I really like it. But the ONE product is completely waterless. And it contains added protection for the paint. On the down side, it seems to me that a bottle of ONE would get used up pretty fast given the amount that you have to spray on each panel. I'm going to give it a try anyway!
Old 06-28-08, 11:36 AM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

Yea, a bottle usually only lasts 2, maybe 3x.
Old 06-29-08, 12:16 AM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

looked like it works pretty darn good- might have to try that when i get back
Old 07-02-08, 04:25 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
I think its commonly referred to as ONR right? I found a pretty long thread on autopia (over 20 pages) that was reviewing ONE, and it was deemed to give a deeper shine than ONR.
Yea, I tried ONR on my black Gs twice. Wasn't impressed either time, made the finish look dull. Washed it next time with my Meguires Gold class and it was back to the normal shine. Personally ONR gets a big fatty from me. And yes, before anyone gets all bent out of shape, I used two seperate buckets, I did it in the shade and I used brand new microfiber towels. The results spoke for themselves, looked like garbage. I hope the ONE stuff works better.
Old 07-02-08, 07:57 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bsims_01
Wow, I like the looks of this product. I've been using ONR on my car as of late, and I really like it. But the ONE product is completely waterless. And it contains added protection for the paint. On the down side, it seems to me that a bottle of ONE would get used up pretty fast given the amount that you have to spray on each panel. I'm going to give it a try anyway!

Yeah you will through the smaller bottle pretty quickly, especially since you can use it on the wheels too.

My car is alot smaller than yours, so I'm a little better off. Maybe we'll get a ONE group buy going! lol

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 07-03-08 at 05:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Just ordered ONE Waterless Carwash