Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Does a SIMPLE wheel cleaner exist?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-08, 12:59 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Does a SIMPLE wheel cleaner exist?!?!

Curious to know from you detail guy's, if a plain and simple wheel cleaner even exist out there. Trust me I know there are great cleaners made by Meguairs (Hot Wheels), but these all involve you spraying on and washing off with water. All I'm looking for is a spray on wipe off cleaner that can be used in between washes, kinda like QD for wheels .

Let me know if you guys have had any experience with any products. Thanks!
Old 06-08-08, 01:04 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Just use QD then.
Old 06-08-08, 02:20 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
Curious to know from you detail guy's, if a plain and simple wheel cleaner even exist out there. Trust me I know there are great cleaners made by Meguairs (Hot Wheels), but these all involve you spraying on and washing off with water. All I'm looking for is a spray on wipe off cleaner that can be used in between washes, kinda like QD for wheels .

Let me know if you guys have had any experience with any products. Thanks!
Meguiar's makes a Quik Wheel Detailer Mist & Wipe and it works very well. Leaves the wheel very slick.

Meguiar’s® Quik Wheel Detailer™ is the fastest way to quickly clean and shine your wheels without soap and water! Removes light brake dust and other road contaminants before they have a chance to cling to your wheel surface. This safe, high lubricity formula lifts off dirt and grime without scratching and build-up. And unlike traditional wheel cleaners, Quik Wheel Detailer is a waterless cleaner that eliminates the hassle of dragging out the water hose in between washes.
Old 06-08-08, 04:37 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I just used the Hot wheels cleaner on my brothers corrolla and it eat the caliper paint, So im going to stay away from this cleaner and going to see if i can get a refund and get the quick wheel detailer.
Old 06-08-08, 10:20 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jfelbab
Meguiar's makes a Quik Wheel Detailer Mist & Wipe and it works very well. Leaves the wheel very slick.
WOW!!! Very nice, this is exactly the product I was looking for. Thanks.

I would use regular QD, however ultimate is too expensive to waste on wheels.

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
I just used the Hot wheels cleaner on my brothers corrolla and it eat the caliper paint, So im going to stay away from this cleaner and going to see if i can get a refund and get the quick wheel detailer.
Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that. I use hot wheels on my fathers RX350 stock wheels when I wash it. The result is fantastic, they work very well on factory style rims in general. Only downfall is you have to wash it off after use, which is what I'm avoiding right now...
Old 06-08-08, 10:53 PM
LexFather

I really like Meguiars QD but they do have an even better one, I forgot the name.

Formula 2000 is the only one I've see that does NOT use any acids, its good as well.
Old 06-09-08, 02:43 AM
SpecC
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
+1 this happend to me on more than one car. i'd stay the hell away from this product
Old 06-28-09, 06:41 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Bringing this thread back from the dead. Can someone either post a link where I can buy some of this wheel QD, or if any of the detailing vendors on CL have a product they are more confident in please alert me. Remember though, I want a spray on wipe off wheel cleaner for in between washes. Not one that will require me to hose down first and use with water.

Thanks guys!
Old 06-28-09, 06:51 PM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can see if its available and let you know. Although I've never personally used it, I'd guess its pretty similar to most other waterless washes. ie: spray n wipe, ONR, etc.
Old 06-28-09, 07:24 PM
jfelbab

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
Bringing this thread back from the dead. Can someone either post a link where I can buy some of this wheel QD, or if any of the detailing vendors on CL have a product they are more confident in please alert me. Remember though, I want a spray on wipe off wheel cleaner for in between washes. Not one that will require me to hose down first and use with water.

Thanks guys!
Meguiar's Quik Wheel Detailer is available at most Walmart and many auto supply shops.

You can also order it on-line at Amazon or several other on-line auto supply sites. Check our vendor support folks first.
Old 06-28-09, 08:37 PM
dangy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I really like Meguiars QD but they do have an even better one, I forgot the name.

Formula 2000 is the only one I've see that does NOT use any acids, its good as well.

Can you use both of these products on aftermarket wheels? (VS-XX With polished lip)
Old 06-28-09, 08:48 PM
jfelbab

Originally Posted by dangy
Can you use both of these products on aftermarket wheels? (VS-XX With polished lip)
I've used Quik Wheel Detailer on Chromed, Anodized and painted wheels with good results. I don't believe there is any acid in this product, BTW. Non listed on the MSDS. This product is not designed to clean really dirty wheels but is more a fast and easy remover of brake dust and light soil, IMO. I use it quite often to keep my wheels clean and slick so that they don't get really dirty.

Last edited by jfelbab; 06-28-09 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-29-09, 12:35 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy it from Meg's directly if you want in gallon sizes lol. This way it can be diluted and dont need to fork over $10 at the store for a small bottle every time.

ONR is also a good solution like Chris mentioned. Can even be used to wash your car in the winter if you turn off your water.
Old 06-29-09, 01:21 PM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ONR is all I use to wash the car and wheels ..... 12 months a year.
Old 06-30-09, 01:06 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the response guys. Looks like I gotta pick up some of this Meg QD for wheels....

Quick Reply: Does a SIMPLE wheel cleaner exist?!?!