Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-08, 06:54 PM
DeviousOne
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino

So I'm about to buy into the hype of this product and buy their Ultimate kit.

Do you guys have any how to-s or what steps to take when using their products?

I have a Starfire Pearl which I want to glimmer and shine!
Old 06-16-08, 05:05 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It will come with detailed directions. With white, you probably will need to lightly clay bar after you wash with Dawn then start with Z2 with ZFX. I usually do not layer Z6 between coats anymore as I found it just added a step that was not needed. After 3 coats I finish with Clear Seal as the final step. The only bad thing with white is Zaino is hard to see with white paint so I find myself using more than what is needed, but this would be with any wax/polish. You will love the results. As follow-up just wash with Z7 and use Z6 to give it the just waxed look and feel.
Old 06-16-08, 10:39 AM
Eddiebx
Driver

if you are new to zaino i'd suggest looking into that 85 package they have, it pretty much includes everything you would need to get started. and they have a good deal of information on the website regarding what to use and how to use it and such.

and of course, you can always call or email sal with any more detailed questions.
Old 06-16-08, 03:09 PM
moolman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been a long time Zaino user, I have all their crap, down to the leather cleaner, tire shine, and even the Zaino bucket.

I have a Starfire Pearl GS and because it's a light colored car, it's real hard to get a spectacular shine out of it, no matter what wax you use. I helped Zaino my friend's black, ES and it's amazing, with my white, it's shiny but not the big dramtic difference black gets.

Just stick with the basics to save money. Go with the Z-AIO, Z-CS, and Z-6 for touch ups. I have Z-2 and Z-5 but I find that with Z-AIO and Z-CS, you're just wasting time. As for clay, you can use any brand, even though I've been using the Zaino clay lately because I can't find any cheap clay at the auto store anymore. Don't bother with the car wash or the Z-16 tire gloss. I have the glass cleaner and it did wonders on hard water spots on the windows.

Good luck.
Old 06-17-08, 05:51 PM
DeviousOne
Lead Lap

Thanks guys, Ill pick up that 85 package and go from there!
Old 06-17-08, 11:04 PM
Stokdgs
Driver

Default When you look at the dry clean paint in the sun or

really good lights, do you see smooth, swirl, scratch free paint? If you do, then rub lightly a clean dry hand over any of the paint on the hood, top or trunk. Do you feel any little particles in the paint? Then get their clay and use as directed and it will remove them all. If you are swirl/scratch free, then I would clean and polish it with their All In One, then follow up with 3 coats of Z-2 with ZFX catlyst, spraying Z6 on the finish after you have wiped the Z-2 off, and like everyone else said, if you can put a coat of their Clear Seal on it after those 3 coats, let it dry and cure overnight, you will be amazed how it looks in the sun the next day. And the finish will last months instead of weeks that other products are good for. Been using all their products for 6 years now and nothing is better. No, I dont sell it for them, I just buy it for personal use. DanF
Old 06-18-08, 07:42 AM
Eddiebx
Driver

Originally Posted by DeviousOne
Thanks guys, Ill pick up that 85 package and go from there!
sounds great, i just picked that up myself actually, and a bottle of their z-9 and z-10 leather cleaner/conditioner.