Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

efn LAWNMOWER

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-08, 02:39 PM
gs4play
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default efn LAWNMOWER

So the one time I park in a different spot, i get scratches and chips in my paint from the lawnmower. I didn't notice this until a few days later due to the rainy weather, so now I have three chips on the passenger side of my car, and scratches all over. I tried to figure out what else this could have come from but basically it looks like rocks were shot at the side of my car hence the lawnmower. Now there is no way I can prove that they did this, Im sure I can get the scratches out but not the chips. Can anyone tell me how I should go about fixing the chips in the paint, I would assume touch up paint. Would I have to go to the dealer to get this? or could I pick up some at any local body shop.
Old 08-26-08, 02:51 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i guess i got off lucky.. cause i reverse parked my ls at work.. the back of the ls was sticking over the curb and into the grass.. not scraping anywhere.. but i wasn't aware of the lawn being mowed the same day.. came back out when work finished and noticed grass all over the back of my car.. and a little bit on the roof.. no scratches, no chips.. i didn't bother to wash the car then.. a couple days later it dried and stuck to my paint.. when i washed it a couple days later, it was a real pain to get it all off.. but i managed.. good luck with your fix
and about touch up paint.. well, it depends how many chips you have.. cause touch up paint.. won't restore it to the original.. if they're scattered and small chips.. it shouldn't be too bad.. oh, and the lexus dealership should have em
aside from the lexus dealership, i know in canada.. canadian tire has them.. so a store similar to that should work as well.. i really don't know what you guys have in the states that would be similar..