Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Klasse All-in-One and High Gloss Sealant

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-08, 12:05 AM
omniskye
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Klasse All-in-One and High Gloss Sealant

i recently ran into the Klasse products: namely, the Klasse All-in-One and Klasse High Gloss Sealant. they claim to protect the paint's finish for months, and perhaps even up
to a year. i've read on this site as well as autopia and autogeek and they got many praises from folks.

i merely want paint protection with the lowest maintenance possible. i'm not a detailing fanatic, but merely want to protect the paint and don't have a lot of time to spend hours each month detailing. wouldn't this be a better option vs. wax? i'm anticipating the shine to be lower vs. wax, but if it's protection i worry about, and want super low maintenance, this seems to be the better option?? any thoughts??

what are people's thoughts on using these products instead? also, i did read that they can be hard to take off.....but a newbie question...why would you need to take off sealant or wax? wouldn't the Klasse AIO product act as "remover" anyways since it's also a cleaner?

since i'm not a detailing fanatic, but just want paint protection, i was thinking:

-wash car every month or two months.
-dry car after each wash.
-apply Klasse AIO every 6 months, after wash and dry.
-apply Klasse High Gloss sealant every 6 months immediately after AIO.

does this sound legit for minimum care with decent exterior protection?
Old 09-09-08, 05:06 AM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by omniskye
i recently ran into the Klasse products: namely, the Klasse All-in-One and Klasse High Gloss Sealant. they claim to protect the paint's finish for months, and perhaps even up
to a year. i've read on this site as well as autopia and autogeek and they got many praises from folks.

i merely want paint protection with the lowest maintenance possible. i'm not a detailing fanatic, but merely want to protect the paint and don't have a lot of time to spend hours each month detailing. wouldn't this be a better option vs. wax? i'm anticipating the shine to be lower vs. wax, but if it's protection i worry about, and want super low maintenance, this seems to be the better option?? any thoughts??

what are people's thoughts on using these products instead? also, i did read that they can be hard to take off.....but a newbie question...why would you need to take off sealant or wax? wouldn't the Klasse AIO product act as "remover" anyways since it's also a cleaner?

since i'm not a detailing fanatic, but just want paint protection, i was thinking:

-wash car every month or two months.
-dry car after each wash.
-apply Klasse AIO every 6 months, after wash and dry.
-apply Klasse High Gloss sealant every 6 months immediately after AIO.

does this sound legit for minimum care with decent exterior protection?
Yes, sealants are typically a little more durable than most waxes are. I like how sealants look. The shine is still there, but I just dont think the depth is the same and that is where waxes win imo. When they say that its tough to take off, they are referring more to having to buff off the residue, not remove the layer of protection that has been layed down.
Heres what I'll suggest, and I dont mean to steer you away from klasse products if thats what you have your mind set on, but think about some Optiseal if you're looking for something that is very easy and quick to use.
It requires no buffing of residue. Simply apply and it will evaporate. This is going to save you a lot of time (duh) and it gives a really great appearance. You could do Optimum PoliSeal in place of the k-aio. You could then, easily apply the OptiSeal as often as you'd like since it requires such little time to apply.
http://www.glimmerglassdetailing.com/optiseal.html
Your maintenance sounds pretty good. I dont think I'd go 2 months w/o washing though. That seems a bit too long for me. Once a month can be ok though.
An AIO every 6 months is perfect imo.
http://www.glimmerglassdetailing.com/oppo.html
Old 09-09-08, 05:57 AM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris@GlimmerGlass
When they say that its tough to take off, they are referring more to having to buff off the residue, not remove the layer of protection that has been layed down.

Remember... less is always less. Apply the sealent very thin or else it'll be really hard to take off. If it's too thick, then using a QD will help.
Old 09-09-08, 08:25 AM
omniskye
Rookie

thanks for the input. what's the major difference then between the optimum optiseal and optimum car wax?

based on what i've read elsewhere, the optiseal seems to be harder to use in that you can easily apply more than what is necessary VS. the optimum car wax. if my goal is great exterior paint protection and lower maintenance, is one a better choice than the other? (I know i could use both, but again, i'm no detailing fanatic, so the less work and time, the better.)
Old 09-09-08, 10:53 AM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by omniskye
thanks for the input. what's the major difference then between the optimum optiseal and optimum car wax?

based on what i've read elsewhere, the optiseal seems to be harder to use in that you can easily apply more than what is necessary VS. the optimum car wax. if my goal is great exterior paint protection and lower maintenance, is one a better choice than the other? (I know i could use both, but again, i'm no detailing fanatic, so the less work and time, the better.)
well technically (and realistically) you could easily apply more of anything than necessary. Just follow the directions closely, there's no harm in putting a second coat if you think you didn't put enough on the first time. Better safe than sorry.

The optiseal that chris recommended is definitely a good product, and easy to use. As a good golden rule with any product, i'd say try and do it when you know your car will be dry for a couple days.

and i would even recommend reducing your wash gap just a little, because that harsh cali sun will speed bonding of contaminants to your paint robbing it of depth and shine. Up here in new england I typically wash every 2 weeks or so, and wax once a month or so. However, I will be moving to a glaze and sealant combo pretty soon I think...but as chris mentioned nothing really gives you that wet look like a glaze/wax combo. I've seen first hand the glaze/wax combo, you could drown a giraffe in some of that paint haha.
Old 09-10-08, 07:10 AM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

agreed. Its easy to overapply any product imo. WIth OptiSeal, you know when you applied to much though b/c you'll see an area that just wont evaporate. Take a microfiber cloth and just give it a quick pass over the area and it should be taken care of
and optimum car contains carnauba alongside the polymers whereas Optiseal is a pure sealant. Both products are very easy to apply.
Old 09-10-08, 11:21 AM
omniskye
Rookie

in terms of protection and durability, is one better than the other? (optimum optiseal vs. optimum car wax)