Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Bad Detailing Job

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-08, 08:45 PM
Lynn Matthews
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch! I agree completely, it needs to buffed out again and correctly this time. You could try doing it by hand but it may or may not work. You will get better results and it will be much easier to do by machine. Learning to work by machine, if you don't already know how will also keep this from happening again as you can take care of your car in the future and make sure it is done right.

We have a couple of polisher kits so if you need some assistance with products and technique just let me know. Working by machine will take a little technique but it is easy to pick up and if you need a little extra help I am just a phone call away.

Oh, and don't worry, you won't make worse, the machine used to do the damage will not be what you will use to remove the defect. The Dual Action Polishers are safe, even for the inexperienced.

Lynn

Last edited by Lynn Matthews; 11-17-08 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-17-08, 09:18 PM
waxman
Pole Position

hey when u use ur machine to do it,u only can apply small spot at the time. and all u nees to do for ur car is wash ur car and use machine to polish again. then bling bling
Old 11-17-08, 10:37 PM
Lynn Matthews
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by waxman
hey when u use ur machine to do it,u only can apply small spot at the time. and all u nees to do for ur car is wash ur car and use machine to polish again. then bling bling
It is best to work a small area at a time so you can concentrate on your work, about 2 ft. by 2 ft. is generally what I would recommend. After the defects are removed by polishing you will need to use a good protectant to enhance the shine and more importantly protect your paint.

Quick detailing and washing to maintain is all that is needed until it is time to protect your paint again. As a rule 2-3 times per year is a good idea. I am asked often how long a wax or protectant will last and the key is to not let your protection deteriorate by waiting as long as you can. Keep it protected and it will not only look better but it will be easier to maintain.

Lynn
Old 11-18-08, 07:17 AM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Respect Lynn you understand gibberish.
Old 11-18-08, 08:31 AM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car looks like that crappy *** detail job. Once i get new body kit install i'm going to take to a real detail shop and have them do it right...
Old 11-29-08, 08:07 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CLHawaii
Ha ha! Thanks, but I think he meant to contact me for help in resolving your dilemma. Thanks for trying weesped!

Anyway, if you want it done right, you need to lookup Picus. He's in the GTA and I have seen his work and will definitely vouch for him. I don't remember his website, but he is a mod here on CL.

Keep us posted!
Thanks for the kind words.
Old 11-30-08, 12:40 AM
350ISRYDER
Pole Position

Default TrendyAutoSalon.com

Originally Posted by myhusky
You can see the reflected glare on the door, another good polish will get rid of those things?

That looks like crap! Try checking out Trendy Auto Salon...he uses some mean wax and materials! He just did mine on Thursday, but it rained today...

Swissvax Baby!
Attached Thumbnails Bad Detailing Job-trendy-auto-7.jpg  

Last edited by 350ISRYDER; 11-30-08 at 04:44 AM.
Old 11-30-08, 01:07 AM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 350ISRYDER
That looks like crap! Try checking out Trendy Auto Salon...he uses some mean wax and materials! He just did mine on Thursday, but it rained today...

Swissvax Baby!
Thanks for the good words Nolan. I go by CLHawaii and my website is found at www.detailemporium.com. Trendy is my auto detail business, but definitely recommend PICUS if you want the detail done right.