Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

7-Hour Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-08, 01:03 PM
RamshakleZ
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
20hrs+ for me. You didn't even polish. That takes the longest on top of that the sealant.
I didn't polish? What are you talking about. That is exactly what Z-AIO and Z-2 are!!

As to the comments about Dawn - I agree, it is not something one should use all the time. But, I do use it on my cars once a year. The other times during the year when I do a full top to bottom wash I just use Z-7 (car wash).

I'll take pics soon... hopefully.
Old 11-18-08, 01:39 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 05LSV
so combfilter - Duragloss = Zaino?
Brothers Research Group = Zaino = Duragloss. (look at their warning labels even.)
Old 11-18-08, 01:43 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

No zaino here

Actually this is optimum / clearkote products. However, i am huge user of duragloss stuff.
Old 11-18-08, 04:50 PM
Stokdgs
Driver

Perhaps his car didnt need a polish. Perhaps he didnt care if he had minor marks in the paint and chose not to polish them out.

Surely the Dawn wash to remove all old wax, oils, etc., off the paint, and combined with the Claybar should have removed about everything there is to remove - we dont know what condition his paint was in before he started.

Zaino says its ok to use Dawn Wash once to prepare the paint to be treated and never again on a regular basis.

Dont ever see Duragloss products around here, and dont really have the inclination to find out. Happy with Zaino as it is today. Glad they work out for you guys, and this Duragloss product also looks outstanding on that car.
DanF
Old 11-18-08, 05:24 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Comb - looks like your taking a flaming orange crap in the pic, Haha. Paint looks nice you can almost read the lettering on the sign. I'd imagine your 30 something because almost everyone in this age group uses Duragloss as myself.
Old 11-18-08, 06:01 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RamshakleZ
I didn't polish? What are you talking about. That is exactly what Z-AIO and Z-2 are!!

As to the comments about Dawn - I agree, it is not something one should use all the time. But, I do use it on my cars once a year. The other times during the year when I do a full top to bottom wash I just use Z-7 (car wash).

I'll take pics soon... hopefully.
Well if you did polish I don't know how you did it in 7hrs. Washing the car and claying it already takes 3hrs minimum. Abrasive and semi-abrasive polish takes well over 4hrs....and now with the sealant you have to wait to let it cure. But this is just my way of detailing it and I wish I would've took pictures to show you guys. Anyways good job nonetheless
Old 11-18-08, 07:56 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HKS350
Comb - looks like your taking a flaming orange crap in the pic, Haha. Paint looks nice you can almost read the lettering on the sign. I'd imagine your 30 something because almost everyone in this age group uses Duragloss as myself.
hahah it totally does look like i am taking a orange crap. Even my head looks like I am straining to get it out. That's a mf towel actually, but for all ragging on purposes we'll leave it as an orange turd.

Yeah I am 35.

I use duragloss products after reading autopia over and over for the last 3yrs. They are cheap, can get them at most carquest (not sure what those are called in other parts of the us), and they work.

HKS350 you use aquawax to try to make that white car of yours pop? White is one color that is hard to get that deep wetness on, but to me they look great cleaned up. My next car will be white for sure. I love the white 335i's.. anyways getting off topic.

anyways to the OP you need to post up some pics man!! Hurry up with it already.
Old 11-18-08, 08:06 PM
RamshakleZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by combfilter
anyways to the OP you need to post up some pics man!! Hurry up with it already.
Yeah - I know!! Been working all day until well after it gets dark (damn time change!). Tomorrow I should be able to get some pics. I'll try to take one like yours combfilter. But I will say this... this car look extremely "wet"!! The Z-6 and Z-CS really do a great job of giving the polish a really wet look. I already feel like I'm driving 30 miles faster just by looking at the car. lol.

Last edited by RamshakleZ; 11-18-08 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-18-08, 08:08 PM
RamshakleZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
Well if you did polish I don't know how you did it in 7hrs. Washing the car and claying it already takes 3hrs minimum. Abrasive and semi-abrasive polish takes well over 4hrs....and now with the sealant you have to wait to let it cure. But this is just my way of detailing it and I wish I would've took pictures to show you guys. Anyways good job nonetheless
True, the wash / clay bar took about 2.5 hours.

As to the polish, that is the the Z-FX is for. If you only use Z-2 you have to wait for it to cure. but, the Z-FX additive makes it cure almost immediately (you have to wait 30 min).
Old 11-18-08, 10:28 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For some odd reason I get the impression that most people here don't know what they're talking about...

Great job on the Zaino. I've been meaning to pick some up for the longest time but I have killer cats on my neighborhood (roof is DEAD! ) so I guess I'll save it for after my repaint

Next time you feel lazy or looking for something that is easier to use and not so expensive, Collinite 845 or 476 are great alternatives to Zaino. Those usually get around 6+ months of durability and are realatively cheap and easy to apply as well . I'm using that right now and washing with ONR has never been easier lol

EDIT: It usually takes me about 2 days to do the full treatment. Thats wash, clay, polish/light polish, paint cleaner, sealant, carnauba wax, dress tires/trim . I usually do it before every meet I go to
Old 11-19-08, 11:47 AM
omarban
Driver School Candidate

Another zaino

Polish
z7 wash
clayed
another z7 wash
1xZAIO
3xZ2Pro with Z-FX
1xZ-CS
1xZ-8
and between z layer Z6

Old 11-19-08, 11:47 AM
omarban
Driver School Candidate

Old 11-19-08, 06:44 PM
RamshakleZ
Pole Position

Raced home after work... it was already getting dark so I didn't have time to wipe the car down (there is a thin film of yellow pollen on the car). But, here are some quick photos I did manage to take before I ran out of sunlight. I'll try to wipe her down and take some better ones this weekend.

And yes, that is a dent in my hood... homeless man fell on my hood. Long story...

Old 11-19-08, 07:15 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

o god, i miss having a car with no swirls haha
Old 11-19-08, 07:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I just zainoed my car this weekend with 2 coats and it took me 3 hours. I did the car wash and the clay bar the day before. I guess it would be 6 hrs total.
Attached Thumbnails 7-Hour Zaino-img_0038.jpg  

Quick Reply: 7-Hour Zaino