Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Scuffs

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-08, 11:05 PM
Nok99
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scuffs

I was wondering if there is a good way to remove scuffs (on my inside side door area). I tried rubbing it out with my fingers to remove some of the marks, but I can't seem to get rid of all of it. oh these are shoe scuffs btw. any suggestions? maybe something like armor all type of cleaning agent would help remove it..i dunno. thanks in advance.
Old 12-19-08, 03:42 AM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you need a polish. Try something like SIP, OC, or SFX-1. For an OTC solution, try ScratchX. If you use OTC "cleaners", "pure polishes" and "glazes", you'll just temporarily mask it.
Old 12-19-08, 06:39 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Nok99
I was wondering if there is a good way to remove scuffs (on my inside side door area). I tried rubbing it out with my fingers to remove some of the marks, but I can't seem to get rid of all of it. oh these are shoe scuffs btw. any suggestions? maybe something like armor all type of cleaning agent would help remove it..i dunno. thanks in advance.
Scuffs on the door jam paint or on the interior trim pieces?
Old 12-19-08, 09:04 AM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

For scuffs on interior plastic trim pieces you have a couple of options. I'm referring to the ones by door sills/kick panels/lower seat panels, etc.
I first try using either P21s Total Auto Wash http://www.glimmerglassdetailing.com/totalautowash.html or Poorboys APC http://www.glimmerglassdetailing.com...dable-apc.html . Both will essentially accomplish the same thing, it just depends whats in arms reach for me. Use this in conjunction w/ a microfiber towel. Allowing the product to dwell for a few seconds may help in removal.
If this doesnt work, you can then move to 0000 steel wool. I've removed countless scuff marks this way. You need to be patient and cautious though. This can slightly change the texture of the plastic if you're not careful. Nothing really noticeable from more than a foot away though.
Old 12-19-08, 10:48 PM
Nok99
Rookie

Originally Posted by Debonair
Scuffs on the door jam paint or on the interior trim pieces?
it's interior part.

and thanks for the suggestions...those links provided is a good resource to go to since i love to clean my interior. I'm gonna have to browse through those sites and see what's best for the job. thank guys.
Old 12-21-08, 11:14 AM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Nok99
it's interior part.

and thanks for the suggestions...those links provided is a good resource to go to since i love to clean my interior. I'm gonna have to browse through those sites and see what's best for the job. thank guys.
anytime! Let me know if you have any more questions