Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Zaino Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-08, 01:02 PM
C-man jr
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino Pics

Couldn't find this kind of a topic, so let's gather lots of pictures of cars with Zaino on them, I want to see those cars shine

Please also tell what phases you went through, how many layers of what and so on.

When spring comes I can make my Glacier Frost Mica shine with Zaino, we'll see how good it gets

I was planning to
1) Wash with Fairy (the Finnish equivalent of Dawn)
2) go through the car with claybar
3) since the car is so new, I'll probably skip Z-PC, later on this will be used as well
4) apply a layer of Z2 (or Z-AIO)
5) apply a layer of Z6
6) repeat phases 4 and 5, most likely three times
7) finish off with Z8
8) make the tires shine with Z-16
9) take many many photos and put them here
Old 12-31-08, 09:42 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I did my parents and my cars over the summer/fall with Zaino to prepare them for winter. Here is the process, had some stubborn water spots and some kind of strange oily film most likely from bug pestiside sprayed from a truck that had hit the cars while vacationing at the beach so they need some thorough work.

Washed with vinegar/water,
washed with dawndawn,
claybared with Claymagic,
washed again with dawn,
polished with Menzerna IP using PC7424,
used 3M compound for some stubborn scratches/spots, headlight haze,
finished with a Menzerna/Klass AIO water dilution to get rid of some haze from IP,
washed with dawn again,
used Zaino AIO,
then 2 coats of Zaino Z2-came out great with excellent beading and a very slick smooth touch.

A few weeks later I put 2 coats of Collinite 476S on my car for extra protection

I got my dad a bottle of Zaino Z8 for Christmas but was pretty turned off after having to pay $30($9 shipping) just for a final detail spray, Zaino makes some nice products but are too expensive and I think I am going with other brands for now on after that experience. I put a coat of Colinite 476S on my dads car for Christmas and will try the Z8 on my moms car soon and compare.
Old 01-01-09, 01:00 AM
C-man jr
Pole Position

Well if you compare the price, a bottle of Z8 costs about 39$ here in Finland, and that does not even include shipping (okay, Finland is not that cheap a country in any case...). But I wouldn't say that it's expensive when you see what that stuff really can do. And one thing to take into account when comparing is that this stuff is really long-lasting, you can use it many many times before the bottle runs out. Okey, I'm really defending this stuff but I just love it Used to use Autoglym, but definetely never going back to that again...
Old 01-10-09, 08:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

here are pictures of my G35 and GS350
Attached Thumbnails Zaino Pics-6868020016_large.jpg  
Old 01-10-09, 08:30 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

my GS350 with the zaino. You can read almost every bottle on the shelf by looking into the reflection
Attached Thumbnails Zaino Pics-img_0038.jpg  
Old 01-11-09, 12:37 AM
C-man jr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
my GS350 with the zaino. You can read almost every bottle on the shelf by looking into the reflection
Saw this picture in some other topic, this is just marvellous

I have a light-coloured car for the first time, GFM, and I'm wondering how good I can make it with Zaino... Saw this picture here somewhere as well and think that this is really good: