Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Anyone buff?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-09, 08:04 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like he did a great job removing the majority of the swirls and fine surface imperfections. I think you should focus now on cleaning the car safely and adding on some protection to keep the paint looking pristine.

Washing and Drying is where most fine swirls are added to the paint so it's really important to use good techniques and paint safe products. I recommend you read our Detailing Guide Washing and Drying section to ensure you are using the proper methods. If you are looking for some products our Washing and Drying Starter Kit is a an awesome way to start washing and drying your vehicle safely and effectively.

As for protection I would recommend you apply a sealant about every 3 months or so. Sealants will provide durable protection and enhance the shine of your paint. There are tons of great sealants out there but my personal favorite is the Chemical Guys Jetseal 109. This is the most durable sealant I have ever used and it looks outstanding on all colors while easy to apply and remove. If you want more value try the Chemical Guys M-Seal, which also works great. You can also read our Detailing Guide for applying these products, which is quite easy to do on your own and save yourself some money.

If you have any other questions please let me know I would be happy to help!

Greg @ Detailed Image