Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

To Buff or not to Buff....that is the question

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-09, 09:32 PM
Lexminster
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To Buff or not to Buff....that is the question

Hello All,

My IS is a year old and the previous owner wasn't so caring as I am...so there are some swirl marks in the paint - I'm sure he just ran the car through any old car wash that was convenient.

So I have been looking into getting the car buffed and waxed. I found a place in Scottsdale, AZ that handles all the big boy cars. The process is pretty involved and will take between 2-3 days. It'll be a heat buff process followed by a process whereby they clean the car with alcohol to get rid of all the solvents used in buffing, then a 3 step Zaino wax job. The cost: $350. The owner of the shop sounds like he knows what he's talking about, and the car would be worked on in a well lit, controlled environment.

I really would love to do this, but I'm nervous. Should I do it? Have any of you done this type of restoration on your car? What did the process entail? How long did it take? Cost? Most importantly, were you happy with the result?

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks
Old 03-05-09, 01:39 PM
MyfirstES
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a good price, but did he tell you step by step what he'll be doing? Will he be washing-claying-paint cleaning-polishing then waxing? You should ask these questions.