Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Optimum Opti-Seal

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-09, 08:48 PM
MyfirstES
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optimum Opti-Seal

Anyone ever use this? What do you think of it?

http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-seal.html
Old 03-13-09, 10:18 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hehe, today's daily special is Opti-Seal

Check our new vendors homepage for it

www.detailedimage.com
Old 03-14-09, 07:42 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

It's an awesome spray on sealant. Most spray on sealants we use look great and offer some protection. However I think the Opti-Seal is probably the only spray on sealant that I would trust alone to protect my paint. So it's very durable, especially considering it is a spray on product. Best of all it's easy to use, just spray it on and spread it with an applicator and you are done. It dries clear and requires no removal! Best of all it's on sale today only or you can use your 10% off coupon on it any other day.

Today's Daily special (March 14, 2009) is Optimum (OPT) Opti-Seal.

Regular Price for 8 oz is $24.99. Today's price is $18.74!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 03-14-09, 08:14 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Ok so how do you use it??

is it after Wash, Clay, Wash, Polish, Wax, and THEN seal?
Old 03-14-09, 11:13 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vwynn
Ok so how do you use it??

is it after Wash, Clay, Wash, Polish, Wax, and THEN seal?
Just apply one mist to the freshly cleaned, clayed and polished paint. Then take a clean applicator pad and spread it as far as you can realistically stretch the product. After you are done the product will dry clear and no removal is necessary. The coating should be applied very thin and you shouldn't need much more than .5oz - 1oz to do the whole vehicle.

As for the order of application you are very close to what I would recommend. The only thing I would do differently is apply the sealant and then wax. Therefore it would look like this Wash, Clay, Wash, Polish, Seal, Wax, etc. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 03-14-09, 12:12 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

is it ok to mix different brand of say..

Use: Rain-X Car wash, Ice blay BAR kit (has 100G of Clay + liquid clay), Rain-X Car wash, Miguiers Polish, Optimum Seal, than lastely Mothers Carnuba wax?

ay oh kay?
Old 03-14-09, 12:54 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vwynn
is it ok to mix different brand of say..

Use: Rain-X Car wash, Ice blay BAR kit (has 100G of Clay + liquid clay), Rain-X Car wash, Miguiers Polish, Optimum Seal, than lastely Mothers Carnuba wax?

ay oh kay?
Yes you can mix and match brands as long as you have the products in the correct order, like you do above. This process should help really make the paint shine and stay protected. Just make sure it's the Mothers Carnauba Wax and not the cleaner wax. The cleaner wax would remove the Optimum Opti-Seal. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 03-14-09, 06:30 PM
MyfirstES
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The reason I initially asked this question is because I have an SUV that I don't have a lot of time to put a full detail in to. For me, I would be doing a wash, paint cleaning and then would want to put on the Opti-Seal. Hope this process would work?
Old 03-15-09, 11:13 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

The Opti-Seal should be perfect for this type of situation. It's probably the most efficient application process of any durable sealant we have used. It should help you complete a quality detail very quickly. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 03-15-09, 02:02 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by MyfirstES
The reason I initially asked this question is because I have an SUV that I don't have a lot of time to put a full detail in to. For me, I would be doing a wash, paint cleaning and then would want to put on the Opti-Seal. Hope this process would work?
If you don't have alot of time or don't want to spend too much time for waxing a big SUV I would also highly recommend Colinite 476S as it is very easy to apply and lasts a very long time between coats. It is pretty much the longest lasting and best protecting sealant/wax on the market and best of all it is pretty cheap $16-$18 for a tin. Since it lasts so long it is perfect for someone with not much time to dedicate to waxing as you can get 3-6 months protection with each application and only need to wax your car maybe 2 or 3 times a year.
Old 03-15-09, 03:10 PM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I recently picked up a bottle of Opti-Seal a short while back and 2 weeks ago I did a wash with Optimum No-Rinse Wash & Shine, a layer with Opti-Seal, and then another pass with Optimum Car Wax. I'm planning on washing it again with ONR and applying another layer of OOS as soon as it stops raining!

What I like about OOS is that it seems to leave the paint really slick -- felt more so than the wax actually. As for how my car is holding up with the rain, it is staying fairly clean, minus the truck/rear bumper area where it always seems to collect dirt... but cleanup should go really quick and easy.
Old 03-15-09, 06:56 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EXP_Cougar
I recently picked up a bottle of Opti-Seal a short while back and 2 weeks ago I did a wash with Optimum No-Rinse Wash & Shine, a layer with Opti-Seal, and then another pass with Optimum Car Wax. I'm planning on washing it again with ONR and applying another layer of OOS as soon as it stops raining!

What I like about OOS is that it seems to leave the paint really slick -- felt more so than the wax actually. As for how my car is holding up with the rain, it is staying fairly clean, minus the truck/rear bumper area where it always seems to collect dirt... but cleanup should go really quick and easy.
Glad to hear it's working well for you as well. It is a rather slick feeling product when it's applied. If you get time I'd love to hear another update about what you think in a couple of weeks from now.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 03-21-09, 03:40 PM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

will do -- planning on placing another layer this weekend after a quick ONR wash.
Old 03-22-09, 07:05 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EXP_Cougar
will do -- planning on placing another layer this weekend after a quick ONR wash.
Excellent! I look forward to hearing about your experience.

Greg @ Detailed Image