Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Waxes

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-09, 03:26 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Waxes

I am wondering if anyone here uses Dodo Juice waxes can explain the differences/benefits of the supernatural wax vs. blue velvet wax. Also how do these waxes compare to the other waxes in the same price range? I have been using P21s wax, but I am looking to upgrade for an even deeper wet look (and possibly durable) for my black car.

Last edited by darkdream; 03-14-09 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-14-09, 03:50 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

I personally have not used them as of yet but I have heard mostly good things from them.

I have heard that new supernatural is a very picky wax and if you use too much it will leave a lot of oils.

However you may also want to look into Pinnacle Sovereign as it works wonders on dark colors as well as Swissvax.

I use nothing but Swissvax Finesse on my car which is available from Todd @ Trendy Auto Salon or http://www.detailemporium.com
Old 03-14-09, 05:11 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get a higher concentration of premium carnauba wax for the extra shine your looking for...Carnauba type waxes usually works every well with dark colors but lacks longevity..Differences in prices vary with type of carnauba and concentration..Try something like Pinnacle Souveran or Swissvax as mention..
Old 03-14-09, 05:35 PM
oski83
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PaPaHoFF
However you may also want to look into Pinnacle Sovereign as it works wonders on dark colors as well as Swissvax.

+1 ....google or even better, go to Youtube...search under Pinnacle Wax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz7iITZup_g
Old 03-15-09, 09:05 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Fuzion *bow*..Depends on what you want out of a wax you can go as cheap as 16-over 12 grand
Old 03-15-09, 11:33 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are a ton of good waxes out there to choose from. I personally have been really impressed with the Dodo Juice Waxes. They are all very strong forms of protection and look great on virtually all colors. We have a Dodo Juice informational page to help better understand the brand, choosing the right wax and the difference between soft and hard waxes. The Supernatural Wax is one of the best waxes I have ever used. It is pricey but if you want the best shine it's an excellent choice. The Blue Velvet Wax is also a really excellent choice for black paint and other dark colors. It gives a really "wet" appearance to the surface for that extra deep gloss. It is one of my top choices for this price range. One of my other favorites is the Chemical Guys 50/50 Limited Edition Concourse Wax. This wax is comparable in price and looks amazing on all colors.

If you have any questions about these waxes or any other options please let me know. Also don't forget to use your 10% off coupon code for Club Lexus members (coupon code - 10offCL).

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 03-15-09, 01:10 PM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PaPaHoFF
I use nothing but Swissvax Finesse on my car which is available from Todd @ Trendy Auto Salon or http://www.detailemporium.com
Thanks PaPaHoff! Good to hear you're still using the Finesse. I need to open up a bottle of Finesse myself. I've been using my Swissvax Divine, Asian car forumula and Crystal Rock so far.

Back to topic, I've used the Supernatural and find it very easy to use and gives a very nice wet gloss, esp on black cars. But it does slightly mute the metallic flakes, imo. Chemical Guys 50/50 is a good wax, as well as Chemical Guys Pete's 53 for metallic flakes.

Swissvax products are my first choice, but not necessarily in everyone's budget.