Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

frustrated over tire dressing gumming up over time.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-09, 07:58 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

a tire cleaner like westley's bleche wite works great. it's the only way to get the old gummed up crap off along with the oxidized rubber to keept eh tires looking new and black. then spray your shine on them and htey look better than new. i use the bleche wite every time i wash the car at the same timeas the wheel cleaner. let it sit a coupel minutes, get a soft brush and just brush them lightly. you'll be amazed at how much black **** runs off the tire when you wash it off with the hose.
Old 03-27-09, 08:00 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
I don't wash my car. And I am trying to avoid having to drag out a bucket and hose. When the tires get washed, the rims are going to lose their wax. But from the looks of what everyone has said, I may not have a choice. It's the lack of washing and lack of driving in the rain that's causing this longterm build up.
Thanks for the advice.
wiat.... you dont' wash your car? so it's filthy all the time but you want your tires to look good?
Old 03-27-09, 12:12 PM
Stokdgs
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also vote for Zaino Z16.. It lasts a long time, even here in the rainy Northwest.. It isnt ever greasy, etc., like those silicone oily products, and if you put a couple of coats on, it will be closer to your shiny look you want.
I doubt that there is anything that will give you a shiny look without being loaded up with silicone, oils, etc., and then, these ingredients attrack the dirt, etc..
Have to choose what your priorities are: shiny and oily, greasy, or almost shiny, water based, no grease, etc, lasts longer...

Good luck with this !
DanF
Old 03-27-09, 02:11 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

I am in to Adam's V.R.T. I don't care for shiny tires. I just want them to look black instead of brown or gray. V.R.T. does the trick. I do clean the tires with a rag when they're still wet, then I apply the V.R.T. with a clean, soft cloth.

Whatever you do, you must stop using Armor All. It is a dust/dirt magnet.